The Alliance has developed this page to share information about our advocacy, the work of our members and useful resources to help the public and other health care organizations navigate the COVID-19 pandemic.
We will continue updating and adding new information so please continue to check back again soon.
Applying Health Equity Lens in COVID-19 response
- Ontario must bring a health equity lens to new COVID-19 test technologies and data tools
- Letter to Minister Elliott regarding expanded testing for marginalized people
- Letter to Premier Ford, Deputy Premier Elliott and Dr. Williams regarding the need to collect and use socio-demographic and race-based data
- Letter to Minister Elliott regarding COVID-19 response
- Letter to Minister Elliott and Minister Clark regarding supporting homeless populations in COVID-19 response
- Statement from Black Health Leaders on COVID-19’s impact on Black Communities in Ontario
- Black Health Leaders Respond to CMOH
Seasonal and Migrant Workers
- Letter to Minister Elliott and Minister McNaughton regarding supports for seasonal workers during COVID-19 crisis
Opioid Overdose Crisis & Safe Supply
- Joint Letter to Minister Elliott regarding COVID-19's impact on the opioid overdose crisis
- Over 100 organizations endorse call for access to Emergency Safe Supply
- Webpage honouring Health Care Workers Who Have Died from COVID-19
- Protecting Personal Support Workers in COVID-19: Open Letter to Minister Elliott
Paid Sick Leave
- Social media package for advocating for health equity and community supports in the COVID-19 pandemic response
How Alliance Members are Responding
CHCs on the frontlines across Canada
Across Canada, Community Health Centres (CHCs) have risen to the challenge. They are on the frontlines of testing, care and support, addressing the primary impact of the COVID-19 pandemic as well as secondary impacts like social isolation, mental illness, food insecurity, increased domestic violence, and other impacts. Learn what’s happening nationally.
Note: The Canadian Association of Community Health Centres (CACHC) uses the term CHC for all comprehensive primary care teams. In Ontario, this includes CHCs, NPLCs CFHTs, AHACs and IIPCTs.
- Get the latest updates about COVID-19 in Ontario from the Ministry of Health.
- Find Public Health Ontario- COVID-19 Public Resources
- Have symptoms? Take a self-assessment to help determine how to seek further care if you think you have COVID-19 symptoms or have been in close contact with someone who has.
- Telehealth | Dial : 1-866-797-0000
A free, confidential service you can call to get health advice or information.
- 211 Ontario | Dial: 211
A free helpline and online database of Ontario's community and social services.
- The Ontario Caregiver Organization Helpline: 1-833-416-2273
One-stop resource for information and support for caregivers.
- Kids Help Phone: Call 1-800-668-6868 or Text CONNECT to 686868
Free confidential professional online and telephone counselling and volunteer-led, text-based support for youth.
Mental Health Supports
- Canadian Mental Health Association:
- Children's Mental Health Ontario: Talking to your anxious child about COVID-19
- Centre for Addiction and Mental Health: Mental health resources related to COVID-19
Healthcare for uninsured
- Healthcare Access Ontario: Find the closest walk-in clinic that accepts all patients free of charge, including uninsured patients
- Information for uninsured clients, and healthcare providers working with them, during COVID-19 by The Health Network for Uninsured Clients
- Uninsured & Access to Health
Income and Material Supports
- Ontario Community Support Association: Support for seniors and people with disabilities, especially Meals on Wheels and delivery of essential supplies
- Steps to Justice: Up-to-date, plain-language legal information about COVID-19 financial assistance (including CERB, CEWS, etc.) English
- Accessing CERB & EI by SALCO
- Housing Security for Black Tenants: COVID-19 from The Black Legal Action Centre
- Housing: What tenants should know during the outbreak
- Ontario Works: Regular benefits, Ontario Works Emergency Benefit, and Benefits for People Who Are Already Receiving Ontario Works / Ontario Disability