The Alliance's comprehensive primary health care conference, Action Now! IS NOW OVER.
If you had registered for the conference stay tuned for plenary recordings, speaker presentations, and more!
We'd like to thank everyone who joined us for two days of insightful discussions on how to imagine, design, and build equitable futures we know are possible and necessary today.
Our annual health equity-focused conference brought together clinicians and other health and social service providers, researchers, policy-makers and others to learn and discuss all the local change happening in the broader contexts we are working in right now.
- These contexts included decolonization efforts in health and other systems and the development and adoption of a Black Health Strategy for Ontario.
- The surge in need for mental health care, primary care and action on the social determinants of health, such as housing and food security.
- Digital equity was in the spotlight as more services and pathways to connect move to virtual spaces.
- Rapid health system change and transformation was an ever-present backdrop.
Structure of the Conference:
The event consisted of over 25 learing sessions on:
- Black Health
- Harm Reduction
- Advancing Population Health
- Indigenous Health
- Digital Equity, Digital Health, and Data
- Community Partnerships
- Equity in Strategy
We also hosted four plenary sessions on:
- Beyond Inclusion and Towards Health Equity - Advancing Health, Safety and Well-being for 2SLGBTQIA+ Communities
- Black Health and Socio-Demographic Data Collection
- Francophone Health
- Indigenous Health Intersectional Perspectives
Additionally, the Alliance offered networking opportunities for attendees, sponsors, and exhibitors.
Collective action at local levels – as we’ve seen in many ways between community partners during COVID-19 – points to the power and potential in community to change systems and policies that impact people’s lives and health.
The Alliance is grateful to everyone who participated in the event. The spirit of community was felt throughout the two-day-conference which focused on identifying what real change can look like. We hope that the stimulating conversations inspired all attendees to take action now for health equity and a more equitable future for everyone.
Sponsors and Exhibitors
We'd like to thank all the sponsors and exhibitors who supported this conference!