Transformative Change Awards recognize and celebrate health champions within our membership who work at the forefront of transformative change to help us achieve the best possible health and wellbeing for everyone in Ontario. We’re looking for inspiring stories of leaders, innovators and collaborators who have reframed problems, broken new ground and created transformative solutions that have improved outcomes for people and communities facing barriers to good health.
Awards are presented in the following categories:
Transformative Change Awards: Up to three (3) award recipients may be selected. The award is open to Alliance members only; teams, partnerships, organizations, collaboratives and programs are eligible for nominations.
NEW THIS YEAR! Adrianna Tetley Legacy Award: One (1) award recipient is selected. The goal is to recognize an emerging leader in primary health care transformation who demonstrates tenacity and determination to improve the health and wellbeing of people and communities facing barriers to health.
Denise Brooks Health Equity Champion Award: One (1) award recipient is selected. The goal is to recognize individuals who have demonstrated outstanding contributions to advancing health equity.
Joe Leonard Award: One (1) award recipient is selected every year. This award is the highest recognition from the Alliance and is reserved for individuals only.
The awards will be presented at the Alliance Conference Awards Virtual Gala in June. Transformative Change Award recipients will be featured on Alliance’s blog and social media channels. We will also put together a media package and work with the award recipients to reach out to local media. (You can see the stories and videos of the last year’s Transformative Change Awards recipients on our website. Please note that due to the COVID-19 restrictions, we will not be able to do the full video production this year but we will work with the award recipients to tell their stories through other channels, including blog stories, interviews recorded over zoom, photos and other media.)
Nominate your health champion today! Deadline for nominations has been extended until March 25, 2021.
Here is how the nomination process works:
- Read the Transformative Change Awards 2021 Nomination Guide to learn more about the awards, eligibility and selection criteria. Use Transformative Change Awards 2021 checklist to help prepare your nomination package.
- Fill out the nomination form online:
- Transformative Change Awards
- Adrianna Tetley Legacy Award
- Denise Brooks Health Equity Champion Award
- Joe Leonard Transformative Change Award
- Gather supporting documents:
- Letter of support from the nominator (mandatory)
- Additional testimonies, photos, videos, newspaper articles, blog posts and other publications, etc. (optional)
- Send all supporting documents by mail or email to the attention of:
Lisa Tisdel, IMS Administrative Assistant
Alliance for Healthier Communities
970 Lawrence Ave W, Suite 500, Toronto, ON M6A 3B6
If you have any questions, please contact Oleksandra Budna, Communications and Member Relations Lead, at oleksandra.budna@allianceON.org or 647-278-7926.