Transformative Change Awards recognize and celebrate health champions within our membership who work at the forefront of transformative change to help us achieve the best possible health and wellbeing for everyone in Ontario. We’re looking for inspiring stories of leaders, innovators and collaborators who have reframed problems, broken new ground and created transformative solutions that have improved outcomes for people and communities facing barriers to good health.
Awards are presented in the following categories:
Transformative Change Awards: Up to three (3) award recipients may be selected. The award is open to Alliance members only; teams, partnerships, organizations, collaboratives and programs are eligible for nominations.
NEW THIS YEAR! Health Equity Champion Award: One (1) award recipient will be selected. The goal is to recognize individuals who have demonstrated outstanding contributions to advancing health equity.
Joe Leonard Award: One (1) award recipient is selected every year. This award is the highest recognition from the Alliance and is reserved for individuals only.
The awards will be presented at the Alliance Conference Awards Gala. Award recipients will be featured on Alliance’s blog and in a special video to be screened during the awards ceremony and widely distributed afterwards through our social media channels. (You can see the stories and videos of the last year’s Transformative Change Awards recipients on our website.)
Nominate your health champion today! Deadline for nominations has been extended until January 20, 2020 at noon.
Here is how the nomination process works:
- Read the nomination guide to learn more about the awards, eligibility and selection criteria. Use this checklist to help prepare your nomination package.
- Fill out the nomination form online:
- Transformative Change Awards
- Health Equity Champion Award
- Joe Leonard Transformative Change Award
- Gather supporting documents:
- Letter of support from the nominator (mandatory)
- Additional testimonies, photos, videos, newspaper articles, blog posts and other publications, etc. (optional)
- Send all supporting documents by mail, email or fax to the attention of:
Farnèse Adam, Bilingual Coordinator
Alliance for Healthier Communities
970 Lawrence Ave W, Suite 500, Toronto ON M6A 3B6
If you have any questions, please contact Oleksandra Budna, Communications and Member Relations Lead, at oleksandra.budna@allianceON.org or 416-236-2539 ext. 235.