This document contains technical specifications for the five common Quality Improvement Plan (QIP) indicators that were developed with Alliance members to support meaningful quality improvement in our sector. These indicators were selected by the time-limited Quality Improvement Working Group, approved by the Performance Management Committee (PMC), now known as the Equity, Performance, Improvement, and Change (EPIC) Committee and endorsed by membership of the Alliance for Healthier Communities.
- Completion of sociodemographic data collection
- Cervical cancer screening rate stratified by income and stratified by racial/ethnic group
- Client feeling comfortable and welcome at CHC
- Client involvement in decisions about their care and treatment
- Client perception of timely access to care
Technical specifications for these indicators were updated for clarity in December 2022, in response to feedback from Alliance members.
Those who wish to learn more about how the indicators were selected and how organizations can use them for their QIPs can find answers in this Key Information document.