You are here
Youth Job Opportunity: Community Program Assistant/Volunteer Coordinator
Youth Job Opportunity: Community Program Assistant/Volunteer Coordinator (Jane-Trethewey site)
12 weeks, 35 hours per week ($14 per hour)
Unison Health and Community Services is a non-profit, community-based organization that serves neighbourhoods in North West Toronto. Operating out of five locations, Unison offers core services that include primary health care, case management and counseling, health promotion, Early Years programs, legal services, harm reduction programs, housing assistance, adult protective services, Pathways to Education and a Diabetes Education Program. Unison’s mission is working together to deliver accessible and high quality health and community services that are integrated, respond to needs, build on strengths and inspire change.
Unison is committed to working from an inclusive, pro-choice, sex positive, harm reduction, anti-racist, anti-oppression and participatory framework.
At this time Unison is seeking a Community Program Assistant/Volunteer Coordinator for the Jane-Trethewey site.
- Planning, facilitation and implementation of various summer activities and events in the community
- Volunteer recruitment to support programs
- Volunteer coordination duties
Funding for this position is obtained through the Canada Summer Jobs (CSJ) program and as such candidates must:
- be between 15 and 30 years of age at the start of the employment
- be a Canadian citizen, permanent resident, or person to whom refugee protection has been conferred under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act
- be legally entitled to work in Canada in accordance with relevant provincial/territorial legislation and regulations.
How to Apply
Interested candidates are asked to email a résumé with covering letter by 9:00 a.m., Friday May 24, 2019 to:
Hiring Committee – Community Program Assistant
Unison Health and Community Services
Please cite UN_2019_016 in the subject line of the email
We welcome applications from people who are reflective of the diverse communities we serve, including those who might need accommodation.
Where needed, accommodations for applicants with disabilities will be provided on request, to support their participation in all aspects of the recruitment process.
While we thank all applicants for their interest, only those selected for interview will be contacted.