You are here
Thunder Bay Site
1 FTE THERAPIST (.50 FTE/.50 FTE Contract to March 31, 2021)
One of a network of over 75 provincial community health centres, the NorWest Community Health Centres is a community based, non-profit organization funded by the Ministry of Health and Long-Term Care and the North West Local Health Integration Network, emphasizing access to primary health care and prevention programs and services.
We are currently seeking a 1 FTE Therapist who will work collaboratively with the Integrated Palliative Care Clinical Program. As a valuable member of the Community Health Centre team, the Therapist will provide therapy services to individuals, couples and families. This position will facilitate groups and promote health and wellness to individuals and families in need.
- Masters’ degree in health or a social science related discipline.
- Minimum of 3 to 5 years of experience (specific experience with anxiety, grief and loss preferred).
- Understanding and knowledge of palliative and end of life care.
- Knowledge of working within a community based environment and knowledge of healthcare service delivery as it relates to palliative care.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, including ability to be an effective team member as well as work independently.
- Demonstrated ability to work in collaboration with clients.
- Ability to effectively assess and provide services to medically and socially complex clients.
- Ability to work with individuals, families and facilitate groups as needed.
- Proficiency in the use of computers and knowledge of software applications.
- Awareness of and sensitivity to socio-economic and cultural issues.
- Demonstrated ability to provide culturally competent care to vulnerable populations.
- A current driver's license and access to a vehicle.
How to Apply
Please Specify Job Title in Subject Line
The deadline for applicants is Friday, May 29, 2020 at 4:30 p.m.
Please submit your cover letter, resume and three work reference contacts to:
NWCHC’s is an equal opportunity employer. Upon request, accommodations due to a disability are available throughout the selection process. We would like to thank all those that apply but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.