You are here
1 FTE Maternity Leave Contract – May, 2019 – January, 2020
One of a network of over 75 provincial community health centres, the NorWest Community Health Centres is a community based, non-profit organization funded by the Ministry of Health and Long-Term Care and the North West Local Health Integration Network, emphasizing access to primary health care and prevention programs and services.
We are currently seeking a FTE Therapist, who as valuable members of the Community Health Centre team, will provide counselling (to individuals, couples and families) facilitate groups and promote good mental health via a variety of programs and activities to partnering clinics in Thunder Bay.
- Masters’ degree in health or a social science related discipline.
- Specific training in psychotherapy, with a minimum of 3 to 5 years’ experience.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, including ability to be an effective team member as well as work independently.
- Demonstrated ability to work in collaboration with clients.
- Ability to effectively assess and provide services to medically and socially complex clients.
- Ability to work with individuals and facilitate groups as needed.
- Ability to work individually with clients, and in a group setting.
- Proficiency in the use of computers and software applications.
- Awareness of and sensitivity to socio-economic and cultural issues.
- Demonstrated ability to provide culturally competent care to vulnerable populations.
- A current driver's license and access to a vehicle to travel to designated outreach clinics.
How to Apply
Please Specify Job Title in Subject Line
The deadline for applicants is Friday, April 19, 2019 at 4:30 p.m.
Please submit your cover letter, resume and three work reference contacts to:
NWCHC’s is an equal opportunity employer. We would like to thank all those that apply but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.