You are here
Position Title: Social Worker – Chatham
Company/Program: Chatham-Kent Community Health Centres (CKCHC)
Classification: Contract, Part-Time (17.5 hours/week)
Date Posted: May 20, 2020
CORE RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE POSITION
The Social Worker will support the mission, vision and values of the Chatham-Kent Community Health Centres (CKCHC). The Social Worker will work as part of the clinical team, operating within the social work scope of practice. The Social Worker role entails the assessment, treatment and evaluation of individual, interpersonal and societal problems through the use of social work knowledge, skills, interventions and strategies to assist individuals, families, groups, communities and organizations to achieve optimum psychosocial and social functioning.
- Provides direct client care including assessments, counseling, information, referral and follow-up
- Maximizes the functioning and independence of clients by providing psychological counseling services and support to individuals, families with children, youth and groups
- Compiles information on community resources and facilitates access to them by liaising with community partners
- Ensure appropriate treatment is delivered by maintaining proper client records and assessment notes
- Ability to deal effectively with crisis
- Develops individual treatment plans through consultation with clients, family members and other service providers
- Acts as a client advocate on individual and systematic issues
- Contributes to building professional and positive working relationships internally and externally
- Collaborate with CKCHC staff and other community agencies to identify, recommend and/or develop resources and materials, and participate in delivery of programs and services
- Supervise graduate students in field placement practicum or internships, as requested
- Assists in the achievement of program operational objectives by contributing to strategic planning and review; assisting with the identification and resolution of issues; attending meetings and communicating interdisciplinary clinical concerns; identifying and implementing system improvements
- Respect the cultural diversity of the client, community and CKCHC
- Demonstrate a commitment to a safe environment for staff, clients and families by working in compliance with the CKCHC related policies, health and safety regulations and completing mandated training and educational sessions as required.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- Minimum 3-5 years recent experience with preference to those who have worked in a community health setting
- Demonstrated effectiveness to lead groups and program development, implementation and evaluation
- Knowledge of diagnostic criteria for mental health diagnoses
- Thorough knowledge of an proficiency in current assessment and short term psychosocial counseling techniques
- Knowledge of the Mental Health Act and Child and Family Services Act
- Demonstrated ability to provide effective counseling and health teaching to a diverse population
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in an inter-professional team environment is required
- Proficiency in the use of computers and EMR programs is required
- Clean driver’s abstract and a current and valid Class “G” Ontario Driver’s License with reliable transportation to support travel throughout Chatham-Kent. Travel to work at one of our other CKCHC locations may be required.
EDUCATION AND CERTIFICATE REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor’s degree in Social Work; Master’s Degree preferred
- Membership in good standings with the Ontario College of Social Workers and Social Service Workers (OCSWSSW)
- Completion of a Police Clearance prior to commencing employment.
How to Apply
Please forward your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 5:00 pm, May 29, 2020. Refer to posting CHSW20PTC.