You are here
Women’s Health in Women’s Hands Community Health Centre provides primary healthcare to racialized women from the African, Black, Caribbean, Latin American and South Asian communities in Toronto and surrounding municipalities. We are committed to working from an inclusive feminist, pro-choice, anti-racist, anti-oppression, and multilingual participatory framework.
The Centre offers the following opportunity for a professional, motivated and dynamic individual to join the team.
(Full Time – Permanent)
The Social Worker shall work within the mandate of Women’s Health in Women’s Hands Community Health Centre
SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Perform intake assessment, supportive counselling, case management and crisis intervention functions to individuals, groups and the community.
- Maintains enthusiastic, passionate and self-driven work ethic
- Assist in client crisis intervention and suicide intervention
- Provide client advocacy services and broker/mobilize available social, financial, and institutional resources
- Strong knowledge of the social determinants of health and issues that affect racialized communities
- Provide counselling and facilitate client referral for internal and external resources
- Assist clients and the community to build support networks.
- Ensures that required Social Work and agency documentation is completed and available in the client’s health record in a timely manner that meets professional standards of practice.
- Initiate and coordinate participate in program and chart review and case conferencing with a continuous quality improvement (QI) focus.
- Participate in development, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of treatment, education, counselling and health promotion programs and services for individuals, groups and the community.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor of Social Work (B.S.W.) degree. Post-grad certificate in Mental Health and Addictions is an asset.
- Member in good standing of relevant professional college.
- Three to five years relevant experience in a community setting.
- Proficiency in current assessment, counselling, case management and crisis intervention techniques
- Experience in program development, implementation, monitoring and evaluation
- Strong working knowledge of women’s health issues.
- Excellent assessment skills and strong clinical judgement
- In addition to English, knowledge of a language spoken within one of the four priority communities, an asset
- Proficiency in the use of computers, Microsoft Office (Excel, Work, PowerPoint, Outlook), and various other software applications.
Women’s Health In Women’s Hands offers a competitive salary and benefits, along with a multidisciplinary team environment where work-life balance is valued and practiced.
How to Apply
To apply for this challenging opportunity in a dynamic organization please forward your resume and cover letter with subject line: Social Worker to the attention of:
Human Resources Department
Women’s Health in Women’s Hands Community Health Centre
2 Carlton St. Suite 500
Posting Date: Tuesday February 10th, 2020
Closing Date: Tuesday February 21st, 2020
Please send a single file in MS Word or PDF format only.
WHIWH is committed to reflecting the diversity of the communities it serves and we strongly encourage applicants who reflect Toronto’s ethnic and cultural diversity and our priority populations. We welcome and encourage applications from all qualified candidates
Accommodation will be provided on request
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.