Registered Practical Nurse
Registered Practical Nurse
Belleville and Quinte West Community Health Centre (BQWCHC) – Quinte West Location
Full-Time Parental Leave Contract – October 2021 - October 2022
Belleville & Quinte West Community Health Centre (BQWCHC) is a community-based primary health care organization that provides community-focused health promotion, illness prevention, and comprehensive primary health care services. We work from a health equity perspective, prioritizing people and communities who face systemic barriers to accessing services and health. The Centre has a vision for a healthier community where all people have access to quality care and services delivered with respect.
As part of an inter-disciplinary team nurses provide clinical care and clinical administrative functions to support the delivery of high quality patient centered care to clients at all ages and stages of the life cycle with an emphasis on those who are high risk and/or are experiencing barriers to accessing services.
DUTIES AND SKILL SET
- Performs assessments, treatments, and health education based on appropriate standards of practice in a primary care setting – all ages and stages of life
- Equity & client-centred approach – works with clients, and engages with other services, in a manner that is mindful of the whole person/community within a social context and impacted by social determinants of health
- Quality Improvement – participates in quality assurance practices consistent with evidence based best practice guidelines
- Teamwork – works collaboratively as a member of the interdisciplinary team
- Experience and/or education in trauma-informed care, a definite asset
- Administrative – supports the work of the Nurse Practitioners and Physicians. Contributes to the development, implementation, and evaluation of clinical protocols and directives
- Capable of working to full scope of practice, independently and as part of a team
- Must be available full time, including extended hours weekly
- Preference given to those with experience in primary care; clients with mental health and addictions
- Licensed with no restrictions with the College of Nurses of Ontario as Registered Practical Nurse
- Experience working effectively with communities and individuals who face barriers accessing traditional health care institutions; experience with clients with mental health and addictions preferred
- Previous experience in a Primary Care setting considered an asset (experience with immunizations, well baby/child visits, prenatal assessments, Electronic Medical Records)
- Demonstrated excellent problem-solving, organizational and interpersonal skills with an ability to work effectively and respectfully in a collaborative, interdisciplinary team environment with clients posing significant complexity
How to Apply
To apply for this opportunity please forward your resume and cover letter electronically to email@example.com.
Within the subject line of your email, please indicate the position title for which you are applying.
Deadline for applications is September 3, 2021 at 4pm.
BQWCHC is an equal opportunity employer. If you require accommodation to participate in the hiring process, please call 613-962-0000 x 231 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. For more information visit our website at www.bqwchc.com.
We thank all applicants however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.