You are here
Registered Practical Nurse
Registered Practical Nurse (RPN)
Full-time, Permanent (35 hours)
Are you looking to work at where your excellence will shine, professional standards are highly valued and quality of care is respected? Do you want to practice in a setting where your voice helps shape how health care is provided; where you work at the centre, in the community and in collaboration with other health care services in West Toronto?
The Four Villages Community Health Centre’s mandate is to provide high quality, accessible primary health care to the communities within its West Toronto service area, in the context of the broader social determinants of health. Primary care, clinical services and a wide range of health promotion programs are primarily aimed at seniors, families with young children, youth and newcomers. Staff collaborate in an inter-professional team environment. The focus is on the client and capacity building. Four Villages has two locations in the west end of Toronto. It is funded by the Ontario Ministry of Long-term Care, through Toronto Central LHIN. This is a unionized position.
As a member of the inter-professional primary health care team, The Registered Practical Nurse (RPN) provides essential clinical assistance and support to the clinical team.
- Assist with improving client flow, including:
- Escort clients to exam rooms
- Set-up exam rooms for appointments
- Prepare appropriate instruments for medical procedures
- Clean and organize exam room after appointments
- Handle specimens
- See clients independently within the RPN scope of practice and assist with appointments, perform clinical procedures and tests as ordered by the physician or nurse practitioner, including:
- Well baby/child visits, periodic health exams
- Height/weight/BMI/blood pressure/temperature/pulse
- Urinalysis and urine pregnancy tests
- Immunizations and other injections
- Collect and document client health information
- Assist with client health education
- Complete clinical administrative tasks as assigned, including:
- Assist with client recalls, tracking labs and diagnostic results
- As delegated, communicate with clients and external providers and services regarding client referrals
- Assist with communication related to medication renewals between clinician, pharmacist and clients
- Support maintenance of client records
- Complete and timely documentation of clinical encounters, as appropriate
- Other duties as assigned
- Education – Practical Nursing certificate/diploma from a recognized educational institution
- Current registration with the College of Nurses of Ontario in good standing
- Experience in a primary or urgent care setting (primary care preferred)
- General proficiency with computers and electronic health records
- Demonstrated commitment to and knowledge of community health care
- Experience working with populations who are marginalized and may have difficulty accessing primary health care
- Ability to work effectively and independently in an inter-professional team environment
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
Hours of work: 35 hours per week, with requirement to work at least two evenings per week (up to four evenings per week is possible 12:00 pm - 8:00 pm)
Salary: $41,530.00 to $50,037.00 per annum, plus excellent benefits and HOOPP
How to Apply
Closing date: November 18, 2019 (Interviews will be held during the week of November 25)
Interested candidates should e-mail a resume along with a cover letter indicating the position title to: Hiring Committee at firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications without a cover letter will not be considered.
We thank all the applicants for their interest and advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted. The Four Villages Community Health Centre is an equal opportunity employer and encourages resumes from people who are reflective of the diverse communities we serve. Reasonable accommodation will be provided in all parts of the hiring process as per resources available to us. If you require any accommodation, please advise Human Resources Generalist. Please note Four Villages is a scent-free environment.