You are here
Registered Nurse (RN) – Age Well
Position Title: Registered Nurse (RN) – Age Well
Company/Program: Chatham-Kent Community Health Centres (CKCHC)
Classification: Contract, Full-Time (up to 1 year)
Date Posted: February 7, 2020
CORE RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE POSITION
This position will support the mission, vision and values of the Chatham-Kent Community Health Centers. This position will support safety and the quality of care of clients. The RN will participate in the development, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of programs and services within the Age Well/COPD program.
- Perform clinic and in-home assessments, health education/counseling and other activities according to the College of Nurses
- Provide clinic and in-home assessments addressing the physical needs of clients with multiple co-morbid conditions
- Acts as a client advocate on individual issues
- Contribute to chart documentation, participates in chart reviews and case conferences and makes referrals
- Participates in the development, implementation, monitoring, delivery and evaluation of treatment, education, counseling and health promotion programs and services for individuals, families and the community as it relates to respiratory health and chronic disease management
- Contributes to the ongoing development and implementation of client health services, and organizational initiatives
- Contributes to the quality of life of seniors in their homes by promoting their independence, dignity, safety, social, emotional and physical well-being
- Protects clients by recognizing and reporting unsafe practices when client or staff safety and well-being are potentially or actually compromised
- Contributes to building professional and positive working relationships internally and externally
- Collaborate with CKCHC staff and other community agencies to identify, recommend and/or develop resources and materials, and participate in delivery of programs and services
- Supervise students in field placement practicum or internships, as requested
- Assists in the achievement of program operational objectives by contributing to strategic planning and review; assisting with the identification and resolution of issues; attending meetings and communicating interdisciplinary clinical concerns; identifying and implementing system improvements
- Respect the cultural diversity of the client, community and CKCHC
- Demonstrate a commitment to a safe environment for staff, clients and families by working in compliance with the CKCHC related policies, health and safety regulations and completing mandated training and educational sessions as required.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- Minimum 3-5 years recent experience in a community setting or combination of community and hospital or public health setting
- Experience in chronic disease management and education, including; COPD, Tobacco education, Asthma and other respiratory health management, an asset
- Advanced clinical competencies in health assessment, planning and care of delivery
- Must have experience in program development, implementation, monitoring and evaluation
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in an inter-professional team environment is required
- Proficiency in the use of computers and EMR programs is required
- Bilingual (English/French) language skills an asset.
- Clean driver’s abstract and a current and valid Class “G” Ontario Driver’s License with reliable transportation to support travel throughout Chatham-Kent.
EDUCATION AND CERTIFICATE REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BScN) or equivalent from an accredited university
- Member in good standing and current registration with the College of Nurses of Ontario
- Certified Respiratory Educator (CRE) an asset
- Certificate in Smoking Cessation (e.g. Teach Program) an asset
- Completion of a Police Clearance prior to commencing employment.
How to Apply
Please forward your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 5:00 pm, Sunday, February 16, 2020. Refer to posting AARN20FTC