You are here
Registered Nurse-Primary Care
Rexdale Community Health Centre
Job Posting: Registered Nurse-Primary Care
(Part-Time Permanent 21 hours per week)
The Rexdale Community Health Centre (the “Centre) is a multi-service Centre providing an important array of primary health care, settlement, community support, health promotion and community development activities to a diverse community with a focus on women, families, youth and seniors. The Centre is currently recruiting a Registered Nurse-Primary Care to work with a dynamic primary care team.
The position is part time permanent 21 hours per week. An additional 14 hours per week (total 35 hours) are available until May 1, 2020. Registered Nurse-Primary Care is a member of the primary care team, and within his/her full scope of practice, is responsible for assessment, program management and education, care coordination, treatment and operational support.
The position reports to the Director, Primary Health Care Services.
- Providing comprehensive primary health care to clients of all ages within the full scope of a RN including assessments, counselling, screening, referral, education, treatment and follow up. This is done by participating in our triage/same day urgent care services, scheduled appointments, off-site programming and outreach clinics
- Providing primary health care services support to family physicians and nurse practitioners as required in a triage/floater nurse capacity
- Initiate and implement diverse health promotion strategies including health education and community development to support diverse populations and communities increase control over and improve their health
- Participating in primary health care program and service delivery within the broader community context in partnerships with other institutions as may be required from time to time; includes workshop facilitation, advocacy and consultation
- Develop and maintain information resources for the Centre and educational displays on selected health topics as required
- Participating in all organizational systems and structures as required including but not limited to, quality assurance and performance evaluation
- Maintaining the inventory of medical equipment and supplies and sterilization of equipment according to established standards and guidelines.
- Willingness to work evening and weekend shifts when required/scheduled
- Current registration with the College of Nurses of Ontario
- Bachelor of Nursing Degree; complimentary post-secondary education in public policy considered an asset
- Experience in a community health centre and/or family practice setting preferred
- Thorough familiarity with therapeutic methods and practices based upon a health promotion/disease prevention model
- Thorough understanding of health promotion and community development principles
- Ability to work collaboratively with physicians, nurse practitioners and the interdisciplinary health care team and independently when necessary
- Experience in developing and evaluating client education materials
- Demonstrated commitment to principles of an anti-oppression and cultural competence framework
- Excellent interpersonal, communication (written and verbal), problem-solving, organizational and time management skills
- An interest and commitment to working in a low-income, multilingual, multiracial community
- Thorough knowledge of broad determinants of health and issues affecting low income, multi-lingual and radicalized and LGBTQ communities
- Ability to speak a second language of our priority populations is an asset, e.g. Arabic, Hindi, Gujarati, Pakistani, Tamil, Spanish and Somali
- Experience in using electronic medical record
- Demonstrated flexibility to work in a fast paced, ever-changing environment.
Salary: $33.53 - $40.39 per hour
Hours per week: 21 hours per week
Starting date: ASAP
Status: Non-unionized position
How to Apply
Closing date for all applicants: February 23, 2020
Please apply in confidence to:
Human Resources Generalist
Please quote “RN-PC” in subject line.
We would like to thank all applicants; only those invited to interviews will be contacted.
Please note this is a unionized environment-UFCW Locals 175 and 633
The Rexdale Community Health Centre is committed to Employment Equity and encourages applications from people representing the diverse community we serve. Rexdale CHC strives to create a respectful, accessible, and inclusive work environment. Upon individual request, hiring processes will be modified to remove barriers to accommodate those with disabilities. Should any applicant require accommodation through the application, interview, or selection processes please contact Human Resources at email@example.com for assistance.