You are here
Position Title: Registered Nurse – Wallaceburg
Company/Program: Chatham-Kent Community Health Centres (CKCHC)
Classification: Full-Time, Regular (1.0 FTE)
Date Posted: July 9, 2018
CORE RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE POSITION
This position will support the mission, vision and values of the Chatham-Kent Community Health Centres (CKCHC). The Registered Nurse (RN) will provide primary care functions and participate in the development, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of programs and services for individuals, families and the community. The RN is a member of the primary health care team responsible for providing primary health care services to individuals throughout the life span, the family and the community, while emphasizing holistic care, health promotion and disease prevention. The RN provides clinical leadership in service and program development to meet community needs.
- Performs physical assessments, triage, health education/counseling, history taking, and other clinical activities according to the College of Nurses of Ontario standards of nursing practice
- Uses evidenced based practice while performing all clinical activities also in accordance to the College of Nurses of Ontario standards of nursing practice
- Ensures clinical areas, resources, materials and equipment are maintained
- Acts as an advocate for individuals, families and communities
- Contributes to chart documentation, participates in chart reviews and case conferences and makes referrals
- Participates in the development, implementation, monitoring, delivery and evaluation of treatment, education, counseling and health promotion programs and services for individuals, families and the community
- Advanced clinical competences in health assessment, planning and care delivery
- Contributes to building professional and positive working relationships internally and externally to the Centre
- Protects clients by recognizing and reporting unsafe practices when client or staff safety and well-being are potentially or actually compromised
- Assists in the achievement of program operational objectives by contributing to strategic planning and review assisting with the identification and resolution of issues; attending meetings and communicating interdisciplinary clinical concerns; identifying and implementing system improvements
- Respects the cultural diversity of the client, community and CKCHC
- Provides evidence of ongoing professional development
- Demonstrates a commitment to a safe environment for staff, clients and families by working in compliance with the CKCHC related policies, health and safety regulations and completing mandated training and educational sessions as required.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- Three to Five years’ experience in a community setting or combination of community and hospital or public health settings; experience in a primary care setting, an asset
- Demonstrates a professional philosophy of patient and family centered primary health care
- Knowledge of professional standards of practice and regulatory requirements
- Advanced clinical competencies in health assessment, planning and care of delivery
- Effective leadership skills, with experience in a leadership capacity
- Excellent communication, critical thinking and interpersonal skills
- Experience in a program development, implementation, monitoring and evaluation, an asset
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in an inter-professional team environment is required
- Proficiency in the use of computers and EMR programs is required
- Bilingual (English/French) language skills an asset
- Clean driver’s abstract and a current and valid Class “G” Ontario Driver’s License with reliable transportation to support travel throughout Chatham-Kent.
EDUCATION AND CERTIFICATE REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BScN) or equivalent from an accredited university
- Member in good standing and current registration with the College of Nurses of Ontario
- Completion of a Police Clearance prior to commencing employment.
How to Apply
Please forward your resume and cover letter to email@example.com no later than 5:00 pm, Monday, July 16, 2018. Refer to posting WBRN18FT.