You are here
Registered Dietitian – Walpole Island
Position Title: Registered Dietitian – Walpole Island
Company/Program: Chatham-Kent Community Health Centres (CKCHC)
Classification: Contract, Part-Time (Up to February 1, 2021); 0.5 FTE
Date Posted: May 14, 2019
CORE RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE POSITION
This position will support the mission, vision and values of the Chatham-Kent Community Health Centres (CKCHC). The Registered Dietitian will provide nutritional care functions and participate in the development, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of programs and services for individuals, families and the community. The Registered Dietitian is able to provide individual assessments and counseling in addition to educating and working with groups. The provision of education and health promotion in the area of nutrition will complement the development of handouts and programs/workshops. Clinical knowledge of the wide range of issues involved in nutrition as well as strong interpersonal and communication skills is required.
- Provide direct clinical care including assessments, counseling, information, referral and follow-up
- Available for individual and team consultations and problem solving around clients, case work and general service issues
- Develop and/or make accessible educational materials appropriate to the understanding of clients
- Participate in the development, implementation, monitoring, and evaluation of treatment, education, counseling and health promotion programs and services for individuals, families and the community
- Contribute to building professional and positive working relationships internally and externally
- Collaborate with CKCHC staff and other community agencies to identify, recommend and/or develop resources and materials, and participate in delivery of programs and services
- Supervise graduate students in field placement practicum or internships, as requested
- Assist in the achievement of program operational objectives by contributing to strategic planning and review; assist with the identification and resolution of issues; attend meetings and communicate interdisciplinary clinical concerns; identify and implement system improvements
- Respect the cultural diversity of the client, community and CKCHC
- Demonstrated sensitivity to and knowledge with Indigenous cultural values and traditions
- Demonstrate a commitment to a safe environment for staff, clients and families by working in compliance with the CKCHC related policies, health and safety regulations and completing mandated training and educational sessions as required.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- Minimum 3-5 years recent experience in a community setting or combination of community and hospital or public health settings
- Experience with Adult and Pediatric Education
- Demonstrated effectiveness to lead groups
- Experience in program development, implementation, monitoring and evaluation
- Knowledge of professional standards of practice and regulatory requirements
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in an inter-professional team environment is required
- Proficiency in the use of computers and EMR programs is required
- Ability to communicate in an Indigenous language is an asset, as is Native ancestry due to the populations served
- Clean driver’s abstract and a current and valid Class “G” Ontario Driver’s License with reliable transportation to support travel throughout Chatham-Kent.
EDUCATION AND CERTIFICATE REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree (in Nutrition)
- Current Certification of Competence as a Registered Dietitian with the College of Dietitians of Ontario
- Completion of a Police Clearance prior to commencing employment.
How to Apply
Please forward your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 5:00 pm, Friday May 31, 2019. Refer to posting WIRD19PTC.