You are here
Regional Decision Support Specialist, East Region
Position Title: Regional Decision Support Specialist, East Region
Status: Seven (7) Month Leave Replacement Contract, 1.0 FTE Full-time (35 hours per week); Secondment Optional
Salary Scale: $38.80 – $46.75 hourly, plus 4% vacation pay in lieu of benefits
Start Date: March 2020
Working out of the Sandy Hill Community Health Centre as a member of a team across the province, the Regional Decision Support Specialist (RDSS) in Eastern Ontario is a highly visible position dedicated to facilitating the transformation of data into information for use in planning and decision making by Community Health Centres (CHCs) and stakeholders.
The Specialist will work as a catalyst, facilitator, subject expert, analyst, strategist and communicator with RDSS colleagues, CHC Executive Directors in the East and South East LHINs of Ontario, LHIN (funder) committees, and the Alliance for Healthier Communities to:
- Facilitate evidence based planning and decision making by the CHCs.
- Facilitate CHCs in meeting their accountability responsibilities.
- Build CHC capacity for decision support, performance management, evaluation, research and quality improvement.
- Support information management governance and accountability structures by participating on provincial and regional information management committees; provide expertise and support to Performance Management Committee, subcommittees and work groups.
- Act as information clearinghouse and knowledge broker regarding provincial initiatives and bring local/regional information and context to provincial discussions.
- Participate in and provide expertise to regional LHIN decision support and/or information management related initiatives.
As a result of the work done by the RDSS and existing CHC data management structures, evidence-based decision making will be enhanced in all Ontario CHCs.
Skills, Education and Experience:
Requirements for this position include:
Education and Language
- Masters Level preferred or University degree in health administration, planning, health informatics, information management, business, epidemiology, or other relevant field
- Under the Centre’s designation to provide French Language Services, this position is not designated.
- Fluency in English, both Oral and Written
- Fluency in French, both Oral and Written preferred
- At least 3-5 years of experience in a health or social services environment, specifically working in planning, evaluation, indicator development, and information management.
- Experience prioritizing and managing multiple projects with complex demands and short timelines with strong attention to detail, thoroughness and high quality outcomes.
- Experience working successfully with multiple stakeholders and committees
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Understanding of community-based, multidisciplinary team based approach to health care delivery.
- Demonstrated understanding of the role and importance of decision support in an organization.
- Strong self-motivation, adaptability, customer service orientation.
- Expert level communication and presentation skills; strong negotiation skills.
- Ability to collaborate and work closely with key stakeholders at various levels and within a matrix-management environment with a high level of professional and objective behavior.
- Demonstrated strength in project management and organizational ability.
- Ability to effectively synthesize and simplify complex information.
- Advanced conceptualization, critical thinking, and analytical skills.
- Competence in data analytics and statistical tools.
- Expert level writing skills to develop project plans, business cases, impact and cost benefit analyses.
- Ability and willingness to travel frequently throughout East and South East Ontario (Kingston, Ottawa and communities between) and to Toronto
- Ability to work during both regular and extended hours of operations in locations identified by the Sandy Hill Community Health Centre.
The Regional Decision Support Specialist will report directly to the Director of Quality Improvement and Performance Management.
Conditions of Employment:
Hours of work will be developed in collaboration with the successful candidate to ensure a healthy work-life balance. A schedule of work will be based on the Centre’s hours of operation and program requirements and may include some evenings.
An offer of employment will be will be conditional upon the candidate completing a criminal reference check, educational and linguistic profile to the satisfaction of the Sandy Hill Community Health Centre.
SHCHC will provide accommodation for applicants with disabilities in its recruitment process.
If at any stage in the selection process you require accommodation due to disability, please let us know the nature of the required accommodation.
How to Apply
To apply, please visit sandyhillchc.workable.com and select the appropriate job opening.
Clients of the Centre are welcome to apply. Should a client become the successful candidate, they will no longer be able to continue receiving services at Sandy Hill Community Health Centre. Assistance will be made available to find an alternative provider.
POSTING DATE: January 9, 2020 CLOSING DATE: January 31, 2020 at 4:00 pm