You are here
Primary Care Nurse
WellFort is seeking a Full Time Primary Care Nurse to join our interdisciplinary team at Bramalea Community Health Centre!
WellFort is a non-profit, values based organization that provides health promotion and prevention programs, primary health care and works with local residents and other agencies to increase community capacity. Members of the WellFort family include Bloom Clinic, Bramalea CHC, Diabetes Education Program, Four Corners, and Health n’ Smiles. WellFort is committed to providing inclusive, accessible and sustainable programs and services to a diversely rich community through its service delivery philosophy; Open Focused Care. We are seeking individuals with a passion and commitment towards innovation and an inclusive workplace that respects and values the diversity of every individual.
- Provides preventive care to well clients across the life span including prenatal and postpartum women
- Provides assessment and triage of client health concerns via telephone
- Perform complete physical examinations including both male and female reproductive systems, referrals and routine diagnostic tests and as per medical directives
- Consultation with other health professionals as required by scope of practice to establish a diagnosis and plan of care
- Conducts health promotion sessions/activities at offsite locations
- Participates in the development, implementation and evaluation of treatment, education, counseling and health promotion services for individuals, families and the community.
- Provide holistic care encompassing the determinants of health and to act as an entry point into the broader health or social service system.
- Participates in the ongoing development of the clinical department and the centre as a whole
- S/he is an active member and contributes on a number of interdisciplinary team/committees.
- S/he works in the health centre and in outreach locations in accordance with WellFort’s service plan
- Provides advocacy and maintains clinical records in a prescribed manner;
- Diploma or degree in nursing from a recognized community college or university. Baccalaureate degree an asset.
- Registration with the College of Nurses of Ontario and in good standing.
- Nursing experience in a variety of primary care settings one of which must be community health.
- Experience working with communities and individuals who face barriers accessing tradition health care institutions such as poverty, discrimination, mental health and substance use issues.
- An understanding of and critical analysis of the determinants of health and social factors, such as power dynamics that affect individual, organizational and community health.
- Excellent written communication and oral skills that meet the needs of the individual and/or community at the appropriate literacy level.
- Experience working with confidential and time sensitive documents and information.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to multi task in a fast paced environment.
- Experience working in a value based non-profit or social services organization.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and interdependently in an interdisciplinary team environment in which the skills and responsibilities of each team member are recognized and respected.
- Demonstrated proficiency in use of computers and various computer software applications, such as Electronic Medical Record (EMR).
- Ability to speak languages relevant to the residents of the organization’s community is an asset.
The successful candidate will demonstrate a willingness to participate in WellFort’s commitment to becoming an inclusive, barrier free health centre and an ability to work in an interdisciplinary team.
WellFort is a respectful, caring, and inclusive workplace. We are committed to embracing accessibility, diversity and equal opportunity. Requests for accommodation can be made at any stage of the requirement process providing the applicant has met the Bona-fide requirements for the open position. Applicants need to make their requirements known when contacted.
Monday, Thursday, Friday 8-4
and Rotating Saturdays.
Salary range: $ 62,006 – $73,323
Position Type: Full Time Permanent
How to Apply
Deadline: November 19, 2019
Interested applicants may send resume and cover letter to email@example.com
Please put “PCN1119” in the subject line.
Only successful candidates will be contacted and we respectfully request no phone calls.