Full-time; 12 month Maternity Leave contract
Posting Number: 2021-06
Davenport-Perth Neighbourhood and Community Health Centre (DPNCHC) is a multi-service community agencyproviding programs and services from early years to adults and primary health care to a diverse range of participants within a community development and health promotion perspective. The Physiotherapist will work as a member of an inter-professional team and will provide a comprehensive range of services across the continuum of care, including assessment, treatment, health promotion, supportive care and referrals.
- Develops care plans by assessing, developing, implementing and evaluating treatments for clients primarily with acute and chronic musculoskeletal dysfunction, via in-person and virtual care according to the College of Physiotherapists of Ontario guidelines and best practices;
- Ensures continuum of care is maintained by educating clients and family members, if appropriate, with regard to the management of health care problems and re-evaluating physiotherapy programs considering the context of the clients’ home environment (home visits not required);
- Provides consultation and capacity building to other centre staff and community agencies working with clients who may need physiotherapy care;
- Develops, implements, monitors and evaluates, education and health promotion programs for individuals, families and the community, in order to foster self-help, mutual aid, and capacity building in the area of prevention or management of neurological and musculoskeletal problems according to community needs;
- Develops and maintains formal and informal networks within the community to optimize health care service provision and address needs of community;
- Maintains complete and accurate client records, assessment notes and required correspondence;
- Participates in chart reviews and case conferences, and makes appropriate internal and external referrals;
- In the context of the ongoing Covid-19 pandemic, oversees screening staff as needed, and assists with counting and documentation of PPE supply as needed
- Master of Science in Physiotherapy from a recognized university, or an equivalent combination of relevant education and experience;
- Registered under the College of Physiotherapists of Ontario;
- Eligibility for membership with the Canadian Physiotherapy Association;
- Thorough knowledge of and proficiency in current physiotherapy techniques;
- Possesses strong exercise prescription skills;
- Experience in a variety of health care setting with experience in the community an asset;
- Broad range of clinical experience (including chronic disease management) with different populations using a variety of modalities;
- Possesses sound infection control practices, and is comfortable in PPE for all in-person encounters
- Training in manual therapy, acupuncture and/or dry needling considered an asset;
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in an inter-professional team environment;
- Demonstrated ability, commitment to and knowledge of community health care;
- Demonstrated commitment to continuing education;
- Experience in the use of computers and various software applications;
- Experience in program development, implementation, monitoring and evaluation;
- Excellent interpersonal skills with clients in a culturally diverse practice population, and with colleagues;
- Excellent communication, decision-making, problem-solving, conflict management and time management skills;
- Second language, relevant to catchment area populations such as Spanish or Portuguese, is an asset.
Salary Range: $64,359 - $75,906 per annum, plus extended health benefits and Healthcare of Ontario Pension Plan (HOOPP). This position is part of the bargaining unit.
Start Date: May 25, 2021.
How to Apply
Submit resume and cover letter to:
Posting Number 2021-06 to firstname.lastname@example.org or mail to
1900 Davenport Road, Toronto, ON M6N 1B7
Davenport-Perth Neighbourhood and Community Health Centre encourages applications from candidates, whose background is diverse in terms of culture, race, language, religion, class and gender /sexual orientation. Reasonable accommodation or any other special needs will be provided in all parts of the hiring process. If you require any accommodation, please advise Human Resources. As a condition of employment, all prospective employees will be required to undertake a Vulnerable Sector Screening with Police Services. Only applicants selected for interviews will be contacted. No phone calls please. DPNCHC is a perfume free environment.