You are here
Physiotherapist, Ontario's Community Health Centres
Contract Part Time Position
Contract Duration: January 2019 to March 2019 (possibility of renewal)
Payment Model: Purchase of Service for Programs Delivered
(minimum $34.00/hour and 6% vacation pay)
Community Health Centres provide primary healthcare, health promotion and disease prevention services across Toronto. A unique aspect of CHC mandates is to serve people who may have difficulty accessing health care, due to factors such as language, culture, poverty or the lack of health insurance.
The physiotherapist will deliver evidence-based group physiotherapy programs at various CHCs across the Toronto Central Local Health Integration Network (TCLHIN) as well as within the community. The programs will primarily include managing low back pain and falls prevention (curriculum will be provided). Additional groups may be added, depending on population needs. Recruitment of clients and selection of locations for groups will be performed by the CHCs. The physiotherapist will work within the framework of the social determinants of health to provide client-centered care that emphasizes health promotion and disease prevention. The physiotherapist will practice according to the standards of practice of the College of Physiotherapists of Ontario.
The physiotherapist will work in partnership with other staff and management to support the vision, mission and values of the CHC.
- Receive training on the various group programs.
- Deliver physiotherapy group programming at various CHCs across the TCLHIN as well as within the community, but not limited to groups related to back pain and falls prevention.
- Administer identified outcome measures with group participants, at the start and the end of the group program.
- As needed, work with the physiotherapists and clinical leads at each CHC to determine scheduling of programs, and process for referrals.
- Complete documentation of group programs in electronic health record (register clients and take attendance).
- Identify additional opportunities (populations/conditions) for physiotherapy group programming across CHCs and in the community.
- Graduate of an accredited School of Physiotherapy.
- Registered with the College of Physiotherapists of Ontario.
- Eligible for membership with the Canadian Physiotherapy Association.
- Up-to-date knowledge of physiotherapy theories, practices and procedures.
- Experience in a health care setting with preferred experience in the community, and a desire to work with low income families and multi-cultural communities.
- Experience conducting physiotherapy groups is preferred.
- Excellent clinical, counselling and interpersonal skills.
- A commitment to best practices, ongoing learning, and client centered and collaborative care.
- A commitment to working from a community-based and health equity perspective.
- Excellent computer and organizational skills.
- Second language relevant to catchment area populations is an asset.
- Hours of work are flexible but at least ½ day consistent blocks of time each week.
- Work may include some evenings and/or weekend hours.
- The work locations include various Community Health Centres (CHCs) across Toronto Central LHIN, as well as within the community.
Toronto Central CHCs are equal opportunity employers and welcome applications from people who represent the diverse communities we serve. We are committed to providing accommodations for applicants upon request at any stage of the recruitment process, providing the application meets the requirements of the position. Applicants need to make their requirements known when contacted.
How to Apply
Please send your resume with a cover letter as follows:
Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Subject: Job Opening for Physiotherapist, Community Health Centres
Deadline: 5:00 p.m. on Friday December 7, 2018
We thank all applicants for their interest. However, only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
No phone calls please.