You are here
Peer Ambassador - Film Conversations
PEER AMBASSADOR – FILM CONVERSATIONS
CASUAL, VOLUNTEER POSITION
The South Riverdale Community Health Centre is a non-profit, multi-service centre that provides primary health care, social and community outreach services with an emphasis on health promotion to residents of East Toronto.
The Centre is the host organization for the Choose Health Program, a regional program within the Toronto Central LHIN region. For this regional program, we are currently recruiting for the position of up to 10 Peer Ambassadors for a program we deliver in partnership with the Toronto International Film Festival (TIFF). The Peer Ambassadors will host film screenings and facilitate conversations about the films with people living with long term health conditions in community settings across Toronto.
An honorarium will be provided for this position.
- Available on March 4th, March 11th, May 13th, and June 10th, 2019 for training with TIFF
- To co-deliver a minimum of 1 film screening and workshop for clients
- To oversee administrative tasks for the workshop
- Attend ongoing coaching activities offered for professional development
- Strong communication, interpersonal, and group facilitation skills
- Experience with active listening and empathy
- Demonstrated ability to authentically receive and engage with participant’s ideas
- Understand the importance and purpose of delivering evidence-based public health programs
- Dependable and flexible
- Availability to facilitate program between Monday through Saturday between 8:00am and 8:00pm
- Active facilitator status with the Choose Health program is an asset
- No previous experience with film required
- Travel across the Toronto Central LHIN region may be required
How to Apply
Please send your cover letter with brief responses to these questions and a resume in confidence to:
- How can film play a role in connecting people and encouraging a sense of community belonging?
- How can film serve as a tool for learning about yourself and the world around you?
The Hiring Committee
Peer Ambassador – Film Conversations
Choose Health Program
C/O South Riverdale Community Health Centre
955 Queen Street East
Toronto, ON M4M 3P3
Or by email at: email@example.com. Please state “Peer Ambassador” in the subject line of your email.
A police clearance letter completed within the past twelve (12) months will be required prior to commencing this volunteer opportunity.
The deadline for applicants is 5PM Monday, February 4th, 2019.
No emails, faxes, phone calls, or requests to meet or clarify, please.
SRCHC welcomes applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
South Riverdale Community Health Centre is an equal opportunity employer. We would like to thank all those that apply but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
SRCHC encourages a scent-free environment. Employees, students, volunteers, and visitors are asked to refrain from wearing fragrances and other scented personal care products (i.e. perfumes, deodorants, lotions, hairspray, etc.) while at the Centre.