You are here
Parent Relief Program Worker
Parent Relief Program Worker
Contract Position: 14 hours a week
Contract Duration: September 2019 to March 2020
Salary Range: $18.28 per hour to $21.92 per hour
LAMP Community Health Centre is a multi-service, community based charitable organization that provides a wide range of programs and services to improve a person's health. LAMP uses a co-ordinated approach to connect people to medical services and other programs that build personal resources. By providing services that improve physical, emotional, social and economic well-being, people can better control their health and environment.
Under the direct supervision of the Manager, Children’s Programs, the Parent Relief Program Worker supports the healthy development of families at risk in South Etobicoke by providing a high quality parent relief child care program which is positive, supportive and enriching in nature.
The incumbent will ensure that all organizational policies are followed.
- Provide quality childcare through a daily schedule of age-appropriate activities, routines and outdoor play, providing program supports to children with special needs.
- Prepare and serve nutritious snacks and meals in the program.
- Maintain a safe and healthy environment at all program sites.
- Work with family support worker to insure that all individual children’s needs are understood and met within the limitations of program.
- Share information with parents regarding healthy child growth and development, and provide information and referrals to EO, LAMP, and other community programs and services.
- Maintain accurate daily statistics and accurate record of donations and expenses.
- Prepare quarterly financial report and statistics as required.
- Purchase program and food supplies.
- Early Childhood Education Degree or Diploma; or child care related training.
- Good understanding of child development, family support principles.
- 1- 2 years’ experience in a similar position, minimum.
- Ability to plan and implement developmentally appropriate program activities for children from diverse backgrounds.
- Understanding of NDDS.
- Up-to-date Immunizations.
- Proof of two step TB test.
- A current and clear Police Vulnerable Sector check.
- Valid First Aid and CPR certificates are required and must be kept current every three years.
- A valid Food Handling Certificate is required and must be kept current every three years.
- Excellent interpersonal skills necessary to work effectively across all levels of the organization’s diverse workforce.
- Positive attitude and dependable with strong initiative and the ability to work both independently and in a team oriented atmosphere.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, with the ability to clearly convey information and ideas
- Understanding of LAMP foundational principles.
- Open minded, eager and willing to constantly learn and improve oneself.
- Knowledge of LAMP Community Health Centre, the South Etobicoke community and/or a second language that is reflective of the community being served are all preferable assets.
Proficiency in the Following Computer Skills
- Solid working knowledge and ability to navigate a PC windows environment, including shared drives.
- Good skills and experience using Microsoft applications (Word, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint & Publisher).
- Good skills and ability to easily navigate the internet/intranet environment.
- Ability to learn new software quickly and willingness to continuously develop technology skills.
- Job locations vary and the job requires travelling to multiple locations. Must be able to work evenings and Saturdays.
- Ability to effectively understand the appreciation of guiding fundamentals at LAMP and be able to model them, i.e. Health Promotion, Anti-Oppression; Harm Reduction and the principles of community-based practice. “Walk the talk.”
- There is an expectation for all employees to participate in two events per year for the agency; these events may be during the evening or on a weekend.
- Occasional data entry, with occasional periods of time sitting stationary in front of a monitor while keyboarding.
- Ability to balance all job requirements in a busy atmosphere, including responding promptly to all communication.
- This position involves getting down to a child’s level (i.e. sitting on the floor, sitting in a small chair, etc.)
- Frequent standing and sitting for extended periods of time, and frequent lifting may be required to routinely carry children’s play equipment.
- Demonstrates good and safe work habits, and maintains a clean working environment.
- Ensures that staff and clients are compliant with LAMP’s Health & Safety regulations and LAMP’s policies and procedures, including the immediate reporting of any breaches of Health & Safety or Environmental incidents, accidents or concerns to their respective manager/supervisor and/or the Director, Human Resources and Operations.
As part of our mandate for inclusivity, reasonable accommodations can be made for all incumbents to perform the described physical functions of the aforementioned job.
LAMP Community Health Centre is dedicated to achieving a workforce that reflects the diversity of the community it serves and encourages applications from equity seeking groups.
How to Apply
Please send your resume with a cover letter to Human Resources:
Email Address │ email@example.com
Subject │ Job Opening for Parent Relief Program Worker, Brighter Futures
External Deadline │ 5:00 pm on Monday September 16, 2019
We thank all applicants for their interest. However, only those selected for interviews will be contacted. No phone calls please.