You are here
Nurse Practitioner - Geriatric Assessment Program
Nurse Practitioner – Geriatric Assessment Program
Full Time Permanent
Location: Beaverton, Ontario
Brock Community Health Centre (Brock CHC), a non-profit charitable primary health care organization serving the residents of Brock Township and surrounding areas, is committed to the provision of quality primary health care services, health promotion, education and illness prevention. Brock CHC offers a range of services focusing on the social determinants of health.
If you are a Nurse Practitioner who values working as an effective team member in an inter-professional environment, this position is for you. Assume leadership for the Brock Geriatric Assessment Program (BGAP), a program of Brock CHC. You will focus on comprehensive geriatric assessments, client centred care, advocacy and navigation to ensure supportive services are in place for frail elderly individuals living in the community. The Ontario Telemedicine Network (OTN) is central to the service model by providing access to the expertise of a geriatrician and geriatric psychiatrist.
Key Responsibilities: The Geriatric NP role emphasizes comprehensive care, health promotion and disease prevention focusing on seniors. You will practice in a multifaceted role that includes clinical practice, education and consultation.
- • Completion of a recognized Primary Care Nurse Practitioner program;
- • Masters degree in Nursing; or recognized extensive equivalent experience; • Current certification with the College of Nurses of Ontario-Extended Class;
- • Certification in B.C.L.S;
- • 5 years minimum experience as a Primary Care NP working in a community health setting;
- • Clinical experience in a hospital or community setting serving older adults living with fraility;
- • Valid Ontario Drivers License;
- • Knowledge of the health delivery system, community and social services and the relevant legislation related to Nurse Practitioners in Ontario;
- • Proven experience working in a collaborative team environment;
- • Demonstrated leadership in promoting a shared responsibility for professional practice and development.
This role will require some evening work and home visits. Competitive compensation package includes HOOPP.