You are here
NURSE PRACTITIONER – Longlac Site
We are currently seeking a Nurse Practitioner (RN-EC) for a full-time permanent position at our Longlac site. In this position you will have the opportunity to work to your full scope of practice with strong practice emphasis on disease prevention, health promotion, and education and community partnerships.
New graduates are encouraged to apply!
You will be a vital part of our multidisciplinary team comprising of a Physician, a second NP, three Nurses, a Dietitian, Community Health Workers, Lab Assistant, Community Nutrition Worker and Administrative Support staff.
We have telemedicine capacity on site, courtesy privileges for diagnostic tests ordered through Geraldton District Hospital and an ambulance base next door to the health Centre.
Longlac (population 1,700) is a family friendly bilingual community offering many outdoor leisure activities for a healthy lifestyle. It is three and a half hours (320 kms) east of Thunder Bay on the shore of Longlac, a half hour from Geraldton and two hours from Hearst.
- BScN in nursing from a recognized university.
- Certificate in the extended class from the CNO.
- Thorough knowledge and proficiency in current nursing procedures, nursing assessment, physical assessment and treatment measures.
- Demonstrated commitment to and knowledge of community based health care.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills, with a demonstrated ability to direct staff to ensure an effective and efficient working environment.
- Sensitivity to the needs of the community.
- Respects and values the diversity of communities and individuals.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively in a multidisciplinary setting.
How to Apply
Please Specify Job Title in Subject Line
The deadline for applicants is Friday Oct 18, 2019 at 4:30 pm.
This position will remain open until filled
Please submit your cover letter, resume and three work reference contacts to:
NWCHC’s is an equal opportunity employer. We would like to thank all those that apply but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.