You are here
Position Title: Nurse Practitioner (NP) – Wallaceburg location
Company/Program: Chatham-Kent Community Health Centres (CKCHC)
Classification: Regular, Full-Time (1.0 FTE)
Date Posted: July 12, 2018
CORE RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE POSITION
This position will support the mission, vision and values of the CKCHC. This position will support safety and quality care of clients. The Nurse Practitioner (RN) will deliver primary care to patients and participate in the development, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of programs and services for the patients and families of the CKCHC. By utilizing skills and bringing a positive outlook and clinical leadership, the NP will help to shape a new environment for residents within the CKCHC priority populations who commonly experience barriers to accessing healthcare. The NP will work in collaboration with the interdisciplinary team of the CKCHC.
- Performs physical assessments, diagnosis, treatment, health education/counseling and other clinical activities according to the College of Nurses in Extended Class (NPs)
- Participates in the development, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of treatment, education, counseling and health promotion programs and services for individual, families and the community
- Strong leadership and interpersonal skills
- Administers medications and treatments as prescribed by a Physician or according to established policies and protocols
- Contributes to chart development, participate in chart reviews and case conferences, and make referrals
- Contributes to building professional and positive working relationships internally and externally
- Collaborates with CKCHC staff and other community agencies to identify, recommend and/or develop resources and materials, and participate in delivery of programs and services
- Supervises graduate students in field placement practicum or internships, as requested
- Assists in the achievement of program operational objectives by contributing to strategic planning and review; assisting with the identification and resolution of issues; attending meetings and communicating interdisciplinary clinical concerns; identifying and implementing system improvements
- Respects the cultural diversity of the client, community and CKCHC
- Demonstrates a commitment to a safe environment for staff, clients and families by working in compliance with the CKCHC related policies, health and safety regulations and completing mandated training and educational sessions as required.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- Minimum 3-5 years recent experience with preference to those who have worked in a community health setting
- Professional philosophy of patient and family centered primary health care
- Proven ability to successfully deal with challenging and changing priorities
- Experience in providing client advocacy and prior involvement in advisory groups an asset
- Must have experience in program development, implementation, monitoring and evaluation
- Knowledge of professional standards of practice and regulatory requirements
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in an inter-professional team environment is required
- Proficiency in the use of computers and EMR programs is required
- Bilingual (English/French) language skills an asset.
- Clean driver’s abstract and a current and valid Class “G” Ontario Driver’s License with reliable transportation to support travel throughout Chatham-Kent.
EDUCATION AND CERTIFICATE REQUIREMENTS
- A Master’s Degree in Nursing, or a Nursing program or other advanced Nurse Practitioner Diploma program
- Registration in the Extended Class with the College of Nurses of Ontario
- Member in good standing and current registration with the College of Nurses of Ontario
- Completion of a Police Clearance prior to commencing employment.
How to Apply
Please forward your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 5:00 pm Thursday July 19, 2018. Refer to posting WBNP18FT.