You are here
Belleville and Quinte West Community Health Centre
Pregnancy/Parental Leave Coverage
As part of an inter-disciplinary team BQWCHC offers opportunities for nurse practitioners who are seeking a challenging, rewarding position providing comprehensive primary care services to clients at all ages and stages of the life cycle with an emphasis on those who are high risk and/or are experiencing barriers to accessing services.
Nurse Practitioners work as members of an interdisciplinary team that includes Physicians, nurses, social workers, pharmacist, dentist, dietician, and others to provide services to clients of BQWCHC.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
- Clinical services – performs assessment, diagnosis, treatment, health education / counselling and other medical functions based on appropriate standards of practice
- Continuity of Care – conducts home visits as required and provides on call support
- Equity & client-centred approach – works with clients, and engages with other services, in a manner that is mindful of the whole person/community within a social context and impacted by social determinants of health
- Quality Improvement – participates in quality assurance practices consistent with evidence based best practice guidelines
- Teamwork – works collaboratively as a member of the interdisciplinary team
- Administrative – contributes to the development, implementation and evaluation of clinical protocols and directives
- Mentoring – supports and evaluates medical students and medical residents
- RN (EC) license to practice from College of Nurses of Ontario
- Primary health care experience, preferably in a community setting
- Experience working effectively with communities and individuals who face barriers accessing traditional health care institutions; experience with clients with mental health and addictions preferred
- Demonstrated excellent problem-solving, organizational and interpersonal skills with an ability to work effectively and respectfully in a collaborative, interdisciplinary team environment.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate with clients in a manner that can be effectively understood – practicing active listening skills to understand client needs and coaching of clients as collaborative partners in their health care.
The position will involve working regularly scheduled hours, including evening one day per week and “On Call” rotation.
How to Apply
To apply for this opportunity please forward your resume and cover letter electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org by June 11th 2018 at 5pm. Within the subject line of your email, please indicate the position title for which you are applying. BQWCHC is an equal opportunity employer. If you require accommodation to participate in the hiring process, please call 613-962-0000 x 231 or email email@example.com. For more information visit our website at www.bqwchc.com. We thank all applicants however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.