You are here
Manager, Primary Health Care
Manager, Primary Health Care
East Mississauga Community Health Centre
Contract Full Time Position: 35 hours per week
Contract Duration: February 2019 to February 2020 (approx. 1 year) Salary Range: $59,345.00 per year to $72,036.00 per year
LAMP Community Health Centre is a multi-service, community based charitable organization that provides a wide range of programs and services to improve a person's health. LAMP uses a co-ordinated approach to connect people to medical services and other programs that build personal resources. By providing services that improve physical, emotional, social and economic well-being, people can better control their health and environment.
The Manager, Primary Health Care (PHC) is responsible for providing consistent high-level support to the clinical PHC team, as well as managing budgets, work plans and schedules in order to ensure the performance of the team achieves and maintains clinical excellence at the East Mississauga Community Health Centre (EMCHC).
The Manager will ensure that all organizational policies are followed.
Under the supervision of the Director, EMCHC, and working within departmental objectives and organizational goals, the PHC Manager develops, implements and evaluates CHC-based primary health care programming in Mississauga. The role includes ensuring quality in clinical program outcomes, that EMCHC PHC meets the standards for accreditation, and on-going continuous quality assurance initiatives.
- Provide leadership and support the development and maintenance of a strong interdisciplinary team, which include clinical providers: Physicians, Nurse Practitioner, and Registered Practical Nurse (RPN); Medical Office Assistants (with reception and administrative duties); and students/volunteers.
- Conduct HR activities related to the recruitment, supervision and retention of all employees within the department.
- Manage the PHC clinical area, including the coordination of service delivery, scheduling, locum/relief services, as well as, equipment servicing and purchasing with support from EMCHC admin staff.
- Engage in strategic program planning with the PHC team to prioritize areas of focus and ensure alignment of LAMP CHC’s strategy.
- Provide support to the Director, EMCHC in implementing strategic and organizational decisions.
- Ensure accessibility for non-insured individuals and EMCHC’s priority populations (isolated seniors; racialized individuals and communities; people living in poverty; immigrants and refugees; and LGBTTIQQ2S+ individuals and communities), as well ensure health promotion and the values of LAMP CHC are incorporated into PHC services.
- Evaluate current practices within the program, assess program outcomes and lead quality improvement initiatives as necessary.
- Ensure clinical services meet client needs and the standards for accreditation.
- Ensure all reports related to funders and other stakeholders (e.g. board reports, strategic plans etc.) are completed by their deadline and submitted to the Director, EMCHC for review and submission.
- Manage a budget of approximately $1,250,000 and provide financial accountability to LAMP CHC.
- Identify program policy needs and oversee the development and implementation of policies.
- Collaborate with the Decision Support Team to monitor/communicate funder set service targets, provide analysis of required data to the Director, EMCHC, and lead quality improvement initiatives as necessary.
- Support the RPN with the intake process and wait list management.
- Work collaboratively with other programs at LAMP CHC/EMCHC and in the community to ensure integrated projects are implemented as planned and develop partnerships as needed.
- Externally represent and promote LAMP/EMCHC programs and objectives to the communities they serve.
- Advocate on behalf of EMCHC’s priority populations and those that are underserved toward inclusive and equitable treatment and services.
- Work to continuously maintain and enhance knowledge and skills required for this position.
- University Degree in a Health Sciences discipline or equivalent experience. A minimum of three (3) years of clinical management experience - preferably in a community-based health care setting.
- Three (3) years’ experience in planning, evaluation, and quality monitoring of primary health care with a demonstrated capacity to prioritize.
- Three (3) years’ experience in budgeting, financial, and resource management.
- Excellent team and interpersonal skills necessary to develop stakeholders support, and to work effectively across all levels of the organization’s diverse workforce
- Excellent conflict resolution, risk management, presentation, and data analysis skills.
- Knowledge of determinants of health, health promotion, and harm reduction frameworks.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, with the ability to clearly convey information and ideas.
- Knowledge of Acts related to, at minimum: Excellence for Health Care, Regulated Health Professionals, and Occupational Health and Safety.
- Positive attitude and dependable with strong initiative and the ability to work both independently and in a team oriented atmosphere.
- Open minded, eager and willing to constantly learn and improve oneself.
- Lived experience of racism, homophobia, and/or transphobia is an asset.
- Knowledge of LAMP Community Health Centre, East Mississauga Community Health Centre, the Peel Region community, and/or a second language that is reflective of the community being served are all preferable assets.
Proficiency in the Following Computer Skills
- Solid working knowledge and ability to navigate a PC windows environment, including shared drives.
- Strong skills and experience using Microsoft applications (Word, Outlook, Excel & PowerPoint).
- Strong skills and ability to easily navigate the internet/intranet environment.
- Previous experiences with Electronic Medical Record (EMR) databases.
- Ability to learn new software quickly and the willingness to continuously develop technology skills.
- The position will require some overtime, evenings and/or weekend work or during the holidays
- Balancing clinical excellence within a learning environment requires excellent leadership skills and courage.
- Ability to effectively understand the guiding fundamentals at LAMP, i.e. Health Promotion, Anti-Oppression; Harm Reduction and the principles of community-based practice.
- Must be able to work in a fast paced, multi-faceted environment and make quick decisions including responding promptly to all communication.
- Travelling to different locations and/or for meetings will be required regularly.
- There is an expectation for all employees to participate in two events per year for the agency; these events may be during the evening or on a weekend.
- Some data entry, with extended periods of time sitting stationary in front of a monitor while keyboarding.
- Ability to balance all job requirements in a busy atmosphere, including responding promptly to all communication.
- Occasional standing for extended periods of time and some occasional lifting may be required.
- Demonstrates good and safe work habits, and maintains a clean working environment.
- Ensures that staff and clients are compliant with LAMP’s Health & Safety regulations, AODA, Privacy Laws, and LAMP’s policies and procedures, including the immediate reporting of any breaches of Health & Safety or Environmental incidents, accidents or concerns to the Director, Human Resources & Operations.
LAMP Community Health Centre is dedicated to achieving a workforce that reflects the diversity of the community it serves and encourages applications from equity seeking groups.
How to Apply
Please send your resume with a cover letter to Human Resources:
Email Address │ email@example.com
Subject │ Job Opening for Manager, Primary Health Care
External Deadline │ 5:00 pm on Friday January 25, 2019
We thank all applicants for their interest. However, only those selected for interviews will be contacted. No phone calls please.