You are here
Manager, Mental Health and Addictions
Position Title: Manager, Mental Health and Addictions
Company/Program: Windsor Essex Community Health Centre
Classification: Permanent Full time - 35 hours per week
Date Posted: Mon, Nov 16, 2020
CORE RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE POSITION
The Manager, Mental Health and Addictions is responsible for the development, implementation and evaluation of counselling services at weCHC. Under the supervision of a Director, Clinical Practice the Manager will be required to provide leadership for the counselling team, supervise staff and manage staffing needs, maintain a safe and effective environment, develop an evaluation program and integrate with other weCHC programs throughout Windsor and Essex County.
In addition, the Manager, Mental Health and Addictions will also:
- Provide supervision and subject matter expertise to weCHC counselling and therapy teams including: Social Workers, Therapists and Addiction Support Workers
- Supervise and guide staff individually or in groups as needed to support the continuous improvement of programs and services ensuring adherence and compliance to professional standards of practice
- Explore opportunities for systems improvement in service delivery and participate in the development and implementation of new processes or initiatives as directed
- Develop, monitor and evaluate program content ensuring consistent practices based on best practice guidelines and make recommendations for revisions as required using evidence-based theories, interventions and counselling modalities
- Competently manage case conferencing with Social Workers, Therapists and Addiction Support Workers regarding clients with various addictions and mental health issues, including substance abuse, Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD), and other Mental Health Disorders
- Oversee and conduct case supervision, coordination and communication across all weCHC therapy programs
- Identify treatment issues, interventions and goals with the therapy teams, as appropriate
- Consult and provide supervision with the development, implementation and follow-up of the client care plan, discharge plan and summaries and make recommendations on the basis of client progress
- Provide day-to-day supervision to staff through coaching, mentoring, and conflict resolution strategies while demonstrating and upholding an inclusive and supportive climate
- Conduct employee performance management reviews and facilitate continuing education and development opportunities
- Manage staffing needs through internal recruitment and selection processes and participate in the placement of students and volunteers optimizing program and service capacity
- Develop and implement policies, practices and procedures in consultation with the Director, Clinical Practice meeting accreditation standards and committee responsibilities while adhering to applicable government legislation, regulations, guidelines, by-laws and directives
- Report to Director of Clinical Practice on the development, coordination, collection and analysis of data and/or program planning requirements to enhance leadership decision-making and applicable ministry reporting
- Collaborate with the Privacy Officer to protect the safety, confidentiality, privacy and security of clients and Centre information to mitigate risk
- Champion advances in health equity, health prevention and promotion by advocating for the elimination of barriers to health/wellbeing for Centre clients and the community
- Contribute toward the preparation of proposals, budgets, and partnership agreements, as required
- Work during regular and extended hours of operation, as requested and in locations identified
- Perform other duties that support the mission and vision of the organization and/or as assigned based on position responsibilities and/or site requirements.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- Minimum five (5) years of experience at a Supervisor or Manager level in a community health or social services setting
- Extensive knowledge of clinical theory and practice in mental health and addictions
- Experience in program development, planning, implementation, monitoring and evaluation
- Excellent management and supervisory skills, including motivating, coaching, mentoring, and leading diverse teams
- Strong critical analysis, problem-solving, decision-making, follow-through, and organizational and change management skills
- Demonstrated experience working collaboratively within an interdisciplinary team
- Comprehensive and extensive knowledge and understanding of therapeutic, mental health policies, programs and systems, both institutional and community based
- Good understanding of government policies, funding and legislation related to health care and mental health, including ethical and professional standards of conduct
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills to inspire and engage with staff and the inter-professional team
- Excellent conflict resolution skills as well as comprehensive understanding of ethical decision-making process
- Adherence to the Code of Ethics and Standards of Practice of Social Work and Social Service Workers
- Clean driver’s abstract, current, valid Class “G” Driver’s License and reliable transportation to support travel across Windsor-Essex County and the province, as required
- Bilingual (English/French) language skills an asset.
EDUCATION AND CERTIFICATE REQUIREMENTS
- Graduate degree (Masters of Social Work, MSW) from a recognized University in Social Work preferred.
- Member in good standing and current registration with the Ontario College of Social Workers and Social Service Workers.
- Completion of a Police Clearance and Vulnerable Sector Check prior to commencing employment.
How to Apply
Please forward your resume and cover letter to email@example.com no later than 4:00 pm Mon, Nov 30th. Refer to posting MRMHA20AP2.