Manager, Health Systems Planning
MANAGER, HEALTH SYSTEMS PLANNING
Employment Terms: 8-month Contract 1.0 FTE (35 Hours/Week) Reporting to: Acting Chief Executive Officer Salary Range: $71,562-$81,233 prorated (plus 4% vacation pay in lieu of benefits), with HOOPP pension plan eligible
Expected start date: June 2021
Flemingdon Health Centre (FHC) is a registered charity and an incorporated not-for-profit Community Health Centre (CHC), located in Toronto. We provide a range of health-related services based on the social determinants of health and community engagement models. We are primarily funded through the Ontario Health – Toronto Region.
- Contributes to a work environment where continuous quality improvements in service and professional practice are pursued.
- Responsible for compiling information, statistics and analysis related to health issues for communities we serve in order to formulate an effective health service delivery strategy.
- Coordinates and implements FHC’s OHT initiatives.
- Responsible for working with system partners to tackle complex population health issues.
- Support health system and population-based planning, integration, coordination, service innovation and quality improvement initiatives with diverse stakeholders- including management, clients, health service providers, clinicians and other partners in alignment with provincial and local partners
- Assist in the development and implementation of strategies to maximize the efficiency, effectiveness, equity, accessibility, integration, client-centredness and safety of our programs
- Work with managers to develop plans for meeting accountability measures and associated quality indicators and goals through QIP, analysis of data and support quality improvement initiatives as necessary
- Actively participate in health system tables including FHC’s two Ontario Health Teams – East Toronto Health Partners and North York Toronto Health Partners
- Conducts comprehensive reviews of evidence related to community health assessment and planning, and develops/maintains resources related to new and emerging methods such as health impact assessment
- Facilitate the development and maintenance of strong collaborative working relationships with the communities we serve as well as existing and potential partner agencies/service providers
- Participates in the design and application of community health improvement strategies with community partners, members and stakeholders
- Participate on project and planning committees at FHC as required
- Other duties as assigned
Qualifications, Skills and Proficiencies:
- Two to four years of strong management experience within community-based health organization(s), public health, or other health sector organizations.
- Degree from a recognized university with a health sciences or community health related discipline (e.g. Public Health, Social Work, Registered Nurse) or combination of education with relevant experience.
- Experience in managing and implementing “Quality Improvement” strategies and processes in a Health sector services setting
- Self-motivated with the ability to shift priorities with ease and resiliency
- Demonstrated professionalism with ability to make sound judgment
- Demonstrated competency in program planning, implementation, monitoring, and evaluation
- Experience in community development/engagement would be an asset.
- Experience working with funding bodies, contributing to proposals and reporting
- Experience leading a multi-disciplinary and diverse team and facilitating effective team planning
- Demonstrated analytical and organizational skills
- Commitment to providing leadership in reducing barriers to health care experienced by marginalized communities
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple priorities and ability to build relationships at all levels of the organization
- Demonstrated commitment to anti-racism and anti-oppression
- Knowledge of communities in FHC’s catchment area as well as knowledge of the community health center approach and model are assets
- Excellent spelling, grammar and written communications in English
- Proficiency in computer hardware and software applications particularly EMRs
- Ability to speak languages other than English an asset
How to Apply
Application Deadline: June 16, 2021, by 5pm EST
Interested and qualified individuals are invited to submit an application including a cover-letter and resume online through the following link:
Job postings | MANAGER, HEALTH SYSTEMS PLANNING | North York, Ontario | Flemingdon Health Centre | jobillico.com
We encourage applications from individuals who can identify with the diverse communities we serve. We thank all applicants for their interest but regret that only those selected for an interview will receive acknowledgement. Please note that a criminal background check (Vulnerable sector) will be conducted for this position.
In accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005, accommodation will be provided in all parts of the hiring process. Applicants need to make their needs known in advance.