You are here
Locum Primary Health Care Physician
LOCUM PRIMARY HEALTH CARE PHYSICIAN
PART-TIME, 17.5 HOURS PER WEEK
CONTRACT TO APRIL 2020
HOURLY RATE: $116.72
The South Riverdale Community Health Centre is a non-profit, multi-service Centre that provides primary health care, social and community outreach services with an emphasis on health promotion to residents of East Toronto.
SRCHC requires a Locum Physician with strong clinical skills who will function as an effective member of our multi-disciplinary team. Reporting to the Manager, Newcomers and Families, the successful candidate will have an opportunity to work with priority populations, providing primary health care.
- Current registration with the College of Physicians and Surgeons of Ontario
- Member The Canadian Medical Protective Association
- Degree in medicine from a recognized university
- Thorough current primary health care physician knowledge and proficiency
- Demonstrated commitment to and knowledge of community-based health care and health promotion concepts
- An openness to working with people who are homeless, living with mental illness, using drugs and/or complex health needs from a harm reduction perspective
- Awareness of and sensitivity to the health issues of a diverse community and experience working with disenfranchised populations
- Experience and/or comfort working in an interdisciplinary environment
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, decision making, conflict management, organizational and administrative skills that include computer literacy
- Ability to provide compassionate, respectful, non-judgmental and culturally competent care
- Availability to provide on-call to clients afterhours and weekends
- Familiarity with PS Suite applications is an advantage
- Fluency in a language relevant to the Riverdale Community, in addition to English is considered an asset
- Police clearance documentation completed within the past twelve (12) months will be required
How to Apply
The deadline for applicants is June 21, 2019 at 5:00 p.m.
Please mail in or drop off your cover letter and resume in confidence to:
The Hiring Committee - Locum Physician
South Riverdale Community Health Centre
955 Queen Street East
Toronto, ON, M4M 3P3
Or by email at: email@example.com.
Please state “Locum Physician” in the subject line of your email.
New graduates are welcome to apply.
No faxes, phone calls, or requests to meet please.
SRCHC welcomes applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
SRCHC is an equal opportunity employer. We would like to thank all those that apply but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
SRCHC encourages a scent-free environment. Employees, students, volunteers, and visitors are asked to refrain from wearing fragrances and other scented personal care products (i.e. perfumes, deodorants, lotions, hairspray, etc.) while at the Centre.