You are here
Locum Physician (parental leave replacement, Part-Time 0.6 FTE, Contract ends March 31st, 2020)
Anishnawbe Health Toronto, a fully accredited community health centre, offers access to health care practitioners from many disciplines including Traditional Healers, Elders and Medicine People.
We seek a Locum Physician to provide leadership, direction and support for our multi-disciplinary clinical team for three days per week to cover a parental leave ending March 6, 2020. The position reports to the Manager, Primary Health Services. This is a unique opportunity to work in an Indigenous culture-based environment providing holistic health care.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Provide primary care services within an integrated, multidisciplinary health care model
- Perform medical assessment functions such as diagnosis, treatment, follow-up, referral and health education/counselling and other items as required according to the College of Physicians and Surgeons of Ontario standards of practice
- Carry out scheduled on-site assessments as well as same-day assessments
- Contribute to chart documentation and data entry
- Participate in case conferences
Qualifications & Experience:
- CPSO Registration and Certification
- Proficiency in the use of computers and various software applications
- Understanding of the health issues of urban Indigenous people
- Prior experience in a community health setting is preferred
- Demonstrated ability to function within a multidisciplinary team is essential
- Commitment to and knowledge of community-based health care and health promotion
- Ability to provide compassionate, respectful, non-judgmental and culturally competent care
How to Apply
Please submit your cover letter and resume by email to firstname.lastname@example.org, in a single document, with your name and “Locum Physician” in the subject line. If you have questions about the process, please call 416-920-2605 x.332
Aboriginal Applicants who self-identify and meet the requirements of the job posting will be given first consideration in the selection process.
Anishnawbe Health Toronto is committed to diversity and values the contribution of its employees from diverse backgrounds and experiences. We welcome applications from Aboriginal persons, visible minority group members, women, and persons with disabilities, members of sexual minority groups, and others who contribute to greater diversity of perspectives.
Those invited for an interview and require accommodation, please let us know. Meegwetch to all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.