You are here
Integrated Palliative Care Clinical Program Manager
Integrated Palliative Care Clinical Program Manager – 1.0 FTE
One of a network of over 75 provincial community health centres, the NorWest Community Health Centres is a community based, non-profit organization funded by the Ministry of Health and Long-Term Care and the North West Local Health Integration Network, emphasizing access to primary health care and prevention programs and services.
We are currently seeking a 1.0FTE Integrated Palliative Care Clinical Program Manager, who as a valuable member of the Community Health Centres’ team will oversee the integration of palliative care services to residents across Northwestern Ontario. The primary focus of this position is to provide leadership and support for the work of the Integrated Palliative Care Clinical Program and coordinate access to secondary and tertiary level palliative care expertise and support for providers, clients and caregivers.
- Master’s degree in a related field or a combination of educational preparation and applicable experience
- Three to five years’ management experience, preferably in a health setting or comparable human service organization.
- Broad knowledge in the areas of community health, primary health care and palliative care.
- Demonstrated ability to be flexible, prioritise, meet deadlines, problem solve and work independently and as part of a management team.
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills, with a demonstrated ability to supervise and direct staff to ensure an effective and efficient working environment.
- Experience leading a multi-disciplinary team and supporting effective team planning.
- Understanding and experience working in diverse, low income communities.
- Knowledge of the community-based health system and of a broad range of health determinants.
- Excellent organizational, oral and written communication skills.
- Skills and experience in supervision, teamwork/team building and conflict management.
- Competency with a range of software applications and knowledge with computerized work environments.
- A current driver’s license is required.
How to Apply
Please Specify Job Title in Subject Line
The deadline for applicants is Friday, October 18, 2019 at 4:30 p.m.
Please submit your cover letter, resume and three work reference contacts to:
NWCHC’s is an equal opportunity employer. We would like to thank all those that apply but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.