You are here
Human Resources Generalist/Payroll Coordinator
Human Resources Generalist/Payroll Coordinator
Full Time Permanent, 35 hours per week
Are you looking to work at where your excellence will shine and professional standards are highly valued? Do you want to learn and grown as a Human Resources professional and hone your skills in a health care environment?
The Four Villages Community Health Centre provides primary health care to the communities within its West Toronto in the context of the broader social determinants of health. Our primary care, clinical services and a wide range of health promotion programs are available to all residents with a focus on seniors, families with young children, youth and newcomers. Four Villages has two locations in the west end of Toronto. It is funded by the Ontario Ministry of Health and Long-term Care.
We are recruiting an experienced Human Resources Generalist/Payroll Coordinator to join our team. The Human Resources Generalist, reports to the CEO and works in conjunction with Directors, to ensure the effective oversight and administration of all matters relating to human resources, labour relations, payroll, HR policies and procedures to meet the organizational and administrative needs of Four Villages.
- Provides advice and interpretation to staff and the senior management team regarding human resources legislation, collective agreement, policies, systems and practices;
- Advises senior management in staff development, staff recruitment and retention, performance management, conflict resolution, grievances, discipline and terminations;
Human Resources Administration
- Responsible for the development of human resources policies and procedures, in collaboration with the Management team to ensure consistent application across the organization and comply with current legislation;
- Maintains performance appraisal schedule and job descriptions;
- Manages administration of HRIS and all staff leaves;
- Coordinates organizational-wide health and safety staff training; Participates on Joint Occupational Health and Safety Committee
- Coordinates bi-annual staff satisfaction survey;
- Manages benefits and pension, all STD, LTD, life claims;
- Follow up on case management for staff on leave of absences;
- Maintains personnel files per legislative and accreditation requirements;
- Maintains up-to-date evidence of professional credentials, regulatory college memberships and liability insurance
- Prepares regular and ad hoc HR-related reports as required, including quarterly human resource reports for Ontario Health Reporting Standard (OHRS) and M-SAA
- Assists in preparing HR-related documents and requirements for accreditation.
Full Cycle of Recruitment
- Prepares job postings, screening resumes, scheduling interviews, conducting interviews and conducting reference checks;
- Prepares staff contracts, coordinates on-boarding and orientation of new staff
- Actively participates and supports senior management in negotiations, collective bargaining grievances, arbitrations, and other union-related activities.
- Represents the organization in union meetings and employer/employee relations committee.
- Advises and provides support to senior management on employee relations matters as they pertain to labour relations, the interpretation of the Collective Agreement and applicable employment legislation.
- Responsible for all collective agreement and labour relation administration.
- Processes bi-monthly payroll, ensuring that all statutory deductions, pension, union dues are made accurately and on time;
- Maintains organizational salary ranges and levels; Performs annual payroll audits;
- Processes maternity SUB plan, terminations and ROE distribution.
- Certificate or degree in Human Resources Management (CHRP/CHRL designation an asset)
- Experience in payroll processing, with Payroll Compliance Practitioner (PCP) certification an asset;
- A minimum of three to five years experience in human resources generalist role, with experience working closely with senior management in an unionized environment;
- Ability to effectively communicate and engage with external bodies, agencies and services in support of roles and responsibilities;
- Strong knowledge of human resources, union and payroll related legislation and standards,
- Highly developed computer skills and proficiency in current network, word-processing, spreadsheet, and database software (advanced Excel and Visio skills a definite asset);
- Experience using HRIS and payroll software applications;
- Excellent time management and organizational skills to implement multiple administrative systems and policies as directed by management;
- Demonstrated skills in conflict resolution;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills in combination with the ability to multi-task and perform duties under minimal supervision.
Hours of work: 35 hours per week
Salary: Salary range of $61,454 - $74,042, plus 20 paid vacation days, 10 paid professional development days and excellent benefits.
Pension: Four Villages is a HOOPP employer.
How to Apply
Application Deadline: July 8, 2019
Interested candidates should e-mail their resume along with a cover letter to the Human Resources Generalist/Payroll Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org (Subject: Human Resources Generalist/Payroll
Coordinator), or fax to 416-604-3365.
We thank all the applicants for their interest and advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted. The Four Villages Community Health Centre is an equal opportunity employer and encourages resumes from people who are reflective of the diverse communities we serve. If you have any requirements for accommodation, please let us know.