You are here
Housing Help Summer Position
Housing Help Summer Position – Keele Rogers Site
(8 weeks 35 hours per week)
Unison Health and Community Services is a non-profit, community-based organization that serves neighbourhoods in North West Toronto. Operating out of six locations, Unison offers core services that include primary health care, counselling, health promotion, Early Years programs, legal services, harm reduction programs, housing assistance, adult protective services, Pathways to Education™ and a Diabetes Education Program. Unison’s mission is working together to deliver accessible and high quality health and community services that are integrated, respond to needs, build on strengths and inspire change.
Unison Health and Community Services is committed to working from an inclusive, pro-choice, sex positive, harm reduction, anti-racist, anti-oppression and participatory framework.
Reporting to the Manager of Housing Services and Harm Reduction Programs, Unison is seeking to fill a Summer Help Housing position for our Keele-Rogers site.
- Assist in Housing Intake, general housing search and other housing help duties
- Assist clients with community referrals including shelters, mental health supports, local food banks etc.
- Assist with Income support applications
- Assist with Food Security programs when needed.
To qualify for this position under the Canada Summer Jobs Program, candidates must:
- be between 15 and 30 years of age at the start of the employment
- be a Canadian citizen, permanent resident, or person to whom refugee protection has been conferred under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act
- be legally entitled to work in Canada in accordance with relevant provincial/territorial legislation and regulations.
How to Apply
Interested candidates are asked to email a résumé with covering letter by Friday, July 10, 2020 at 5:00 p.m. to:
Hiring Committee – Housing Help Summer Position
Unison Health and Community Services
Please cite UN_2020_016 in the subject line of the email.
We welcome applications from people who are reflective of the diverse communities we serve, including those who might need accommodation.
Where needed, accommodations for applicants with disabilities will be provided, on request, to support their participation in all aspects of the recruitment process.
Please note that due to the volume of applications, only those applicants selected for interviews will be contacted.