You are here
Financial Services Assistant
FINANCIAL SERVICES ASSISTANT
FULL-TIME, PERMANENT POSITION
SALARY RANGE: $36,195 - $42,583
WITH COMPETITIVE BENEFIT PACKAGE
The South Riverdale Community Health Centre (SRCHC) is a multiservice organization providing primary health care and community outreach services with an emphasis on health promotion to residents of East Toronto. South Riverdale is a non-profit organization primarily funded by the Ministry of Health and the Toronto Central LHIN.
Reporting to the Manager, Finance, the Financial Services Assistant administers accounts payable and donation record, processes payroll and provides assistance for the financial management of SRCHC.
- Monitor organizational AP process, making sure it is in compliance with Financial Policies and Procedures
- Collect SRCHC vendor invoices and employee payment requests, distribute them for approval
- Match, code and input invoices and employee payment requests
- Process weekly payment
- Respond to supplier and employee inquiries re payments and resolve problems
- Reconcile with vendors at period end, update AP periodic processing list and prepare vendor confirmation letters at year end for audit
- Prepare expense report and analysis as needed
- Process payroll
- Backup employee and government inquiries with regards to payroll
- Backup WSIB and benefit cheques issuance, yearly T4s statements, WSIB and EHT reconciliation and payroll slips distribution
- Generate donation receipts; liaise with Executive Assistant with regards to receipts distribution
- Prepare donation package and maintain backup file
- Reconcile Canadahelps monthly donation with bank statement
- Generate quarterly donation report
- Generate yearly donor lists for AGM report and other reporting requirements
Other Accounting Duties
- Maintain cash and cheque received in SRCHC main location and monitor on-line receipts through Paypal; reconcile program receipts with program staff
- Process miscellaneous receipts, prepare bank deposits and perform banking duties
- Perform periodic petty cash audits
- Monitor SRCHC petty cash bank transactions and perform monthly petty cash bank reconciliation
- Assist in quarter-end and year-end audit and reporting process
- Backup other accounting duties when needed
- Perform clerical duties to support the accounting department
- Liaise as required with suppliers and clients
- Act as 2nd liaison with payroll organization (currently ADP) to ensure service standards and contract details are adhered to
- Post-secondary education related to the accounting administration, or equivalent in experience
- CPA (Chartered Professional Accountants) or CPA (Canadian Payroll Association) membership and study an asset
- At least 2 year accounting and payroll experience
- Strong computer technology and Microsoft Office application skill, especially Excel
- Experience with accounting software; Microsoft Dynamics GP an asset
- Experience with ADP Software an asset
- Demonstrated ability to be flexible, possess excellent organisational skills, and be a self-starter and team player
- Strong oral and written communication skills
Police clearance documentation completed within the past twelve (12) months will be required prior to commencing employment.
How to Apply
The deadline for applicants is March 13, 2018 at 5:00 p.m.
Please send your cover letter and resume in confidence to:
The Hiring Committee
Financial Services Assistant
South Riverdale Community Health Centre
955 Queen Street East
Toronto, ON M4M 3P3
No emails, faxes, phone calls, or requests to meet please.
SRCHC welcomes applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
SRCHC is an equal opportunity employer. We would like to thank all those that apply but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
SRCHC encourages a scent-free environment. Employees, students, volunteers, and visitors are asked to refrain from wearing fragrances and other scented personal care products (i.e. perfumes, deodorants, lotions, hairspray, etc.) while at the Centre.