You are here
Family Physician - Bilingual
Family Physician - Bilingual
1 Permanent Part-Time Position
The Rexdale Community Health Centre (RCHC) is a multi-service centre providing primary health care, health promotion and community support services, including settlement and community development activities for families, children, youth, adults and seniors of diverse backgrounds. RCHC is recruiting for a Part-Time Family Physician.
Responsibilities and Tasks:
- Provide primary care to individuals and their families taking into account risk factors (environmental, socio-economic, psychological and medical) in a manner which can be understood by the client, and when applicable, their families.
- Perform clinical duties by seeing and assessing client for routine health and illness care, prescribing treatment, providing on call service when scheduled, making home visits when necessary, and keeping other primary care providers informed regarding health issues of their clients arising when on call.
- Work with the Health Care Team to plan and evaluate health education, prevention and screening programs by based upon identified health needs of clients and communities.
- Consult other primary health care providers in relation to medical opinions and information.
- Assist in planning and programming of centre health services, participate in committees and share information about perceived health needs and issues in the community through client encounters and other community contacts.
- Ensure appropriate, comprehensive treatment is provided, maintain complete and accurate medical records, participate in chart reviews and case conferences, answer clients’ inquiries and direct them to appropriate treatments and/or services.
- Facilitate the administration of health centre by identifying areas where the development of protocols and procedures is needed for improvement or client services or staff functioning, and participating in committee work and staff meetings.
- Maintain and develop professional competence through appropriate continued education (e.g. peer interaction, literature review, conferences, courses, etc.)
- Undertake teaching and training of medical trainees within the health centre.
- Other duties as provided by the Director of Primary Health Care Services.
- Medical degree and family medicine residency from a recognized university
- License to practice from the College of Physicians and Surgeons of Ontario
- CCFP membership
- CMPA coverage
- Broad knowledge, background and interest in the practice of family medicine
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Experience in primary care settings (community-based preferred)
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a multi-disciplinary team environment
- Willingness to work at least one evening per week and one Saturday each month
- Willingness to work with an on-call group of physicians for clients during after hours
- Knowledge of the Rexdale Community is an asset
- Fluency in French and English
Salary: $177,673 – $205,775 depending on experience (plus benefits and HOOPP)
Hours: 21 hours weekly
Starting date: ASAP
How to Apply
Application Deadline: July 23, 2019
Please apply in confidence to:
Human Resources Generalist
Please quote “Physician” in subject line.
We would like to thank all applicants; only those invited to interviews will be contacted.
Please note this is a unionized environment-UFCW Locals 175 and 633
The Rexdale Community Health Centre is committed to Employment Equity and encourages applications from people representing the diverse community we serve. Rexdale CHC strives to create a respectful, accessible, and inclusive work environment. Upon individual request, hiring processes will be modified to remove barriers to accommodate those with disabilities. Should any applicant require accommodation through the application, interview, or selection processes please contact Human Resources at Liberty.Hacala@rexdalechc.com for assistance.