You are here
Part time, Maternity Contract April 2019 to February 2020
The Four Villages Community Health Centre’s mandate is to provide high quality, accessible primary health care to the communities within its service area, in the context of the broader social determinants of health. Primary care, clinical services and a wide range of health promotion programs are primarily aimed at seniors, families with young children, youth and newcomers. Staff collaborate in an inter-professional team environment. The focus is on the client and capacity building. Four Villages has two locations in the west end of Toronto. It is funded by the Toronto Central LHIN.
As a member of the inter-professional primary health care team, you will provide comprehensive primary health care and health promotion to clients of all ages, on and off-site, including home visits; work independently and as part of an inter-professional team, and participate in on-call services.
We are currently seeking a family physician with strong clinical skills who will join our inter-professional team at our Bloor site.
- Degree in medicine from a recognized school or faculty of medicine;
- Current licence to practice medicine from the College of Physicians and Surgeons of Ontario;
- Successful completion of a two-year post graduate residency program accredited by the College of Family Physicians of Canada and an active member of the College;
- Strong clinical skills;
- Demonstrated commitment to and knowledge of community health care;
- Demonstrated ability to work in an inter-professional team environment;
- Excellent interpersonal skills with clients in a culturally diverse practice population;
- Excellent communication, decision-making, problem-solving, conflict management and time management skills;
- Proficiency in the use of computers , Microsoft Office applications and electronic health records;
- Second language, relevant to catchment area populations, is an asset.
Hours of work: 17.5 hours per week, including some evening hours
Salary: Salary range of $88,836 -102,873 (pro-rated to hours worked from $177,672 - $205,746 per annum) plus on-call stipend and payment in lieu of benefits.
How to Apply
Application deadline: February 25, 2019
Interested candidates should contact:
Kasia Filaber, Director, Clinical Services
The Four Villages Community Health Centre
3446 Dundas Street West, Toronto, Ontario M6S 2S1
Tel: 416-604-6445, Fax: 416-604-3365, email@example.com
We thank all the applicants for their interest and advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Four Villages is an equal opportunity employer and encourages resumes from people who are reflective of the diverse communities we serve. Reasonable accommodation will be provided in all parts of the hiring process as per resources available to us. If you require any accommodation, please advise Human Resources Generalist at 416-604-0640, ext 1073. Four Villages is a scent-free environment.