Executive Assistant and Strategic Projects
EXECUTIVE ASSISTANT & STRATEGIC PROJECTS
Employment Terms: 8-month Contract 1.0 FTE (35 Hours/Week with the flexibility to work in evenings and weekends)
Reporting to: Acting Chief Operating Officer (COO)
Salary Range: $55,025-$64,735 annually (plus 4% vacation pay in lieu of benefit) with HOOPP pension plan eligible
Expected start date: June 2021
Flemingdon Health Centre (FHC) is a registered charity and an incorporated not-for-profit Community Health Centre (CHC), located in Toronto. We provide a range of health-related services based on the social determinants of health and community engagement models. We are primarily funded through the Ontario Health – Toronto Region.
We are currently seeking a candidate for the position of Executive Assistant & Strategic Projects. Reporting to the Acting Chief Operating Officer (COO) and as an integral part of the leadership team, administrative support to the Senior Leadership and Management Teams and administrative support to some committees of the Board of Directors and governance functions. Furthermore, the position provides support and coordination for a variety of strategic projects including organizational policies & procedures process. A systems perspective and continuous attention to detail, quality and improvement are essential to the success of this position.
The Executive Assistant and Strategic Projects role work in close relationship with the COO to support the Vision, Mission, Core Values and Strategic Directions of FHC, and to ensure that administrative needs of the organization are met efficiently and effectively.
Qualifications, Skills and Proficiencies:
- Knowledge normally attained through a post-secondary diploma or certificate in business, administration or related field;
- Three or more years’ experience providing executive assistance to senior management or significant administrative experience;
- Significant experience with FHC’s administrative team core competencies which are project management, strategic planning, customer service, collaboration, problem solving and teamwork;
- Excellent communication skills including strategic verbal and written communication;
- Significant experience with meeting organization, planning and follow-up. This includes a high competency in minute taking and organizing/processing follow up items;
- Experience supporting community governance and/or a community-based Board of Directors;
- Experience working in the not-for-profit or charity sector;
- Self-motivated with the ability to shift priorities with ease and resiliency;
- Demonstrated professionalism, good judgement and understands the value of confidentiality;
- Excellent organizational and multi-tasking skills to meet deadlines;
- Superior computer/software skills including all MS Office application (e.g. Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access) and other relevant applications.
Executive Administrative Support
- Provides administrative support to the COO, including maintaining daily schedule and calendar, managing follow-ups and organizing files and office;
- Acts on own initiative during the COO’s absence, referring urgent matters to appropriate staff members and communicating items for follow-up;
- Supports special/strategic projects on behalf of the COO to address immediate issues of importance
- Responds to internal and external inquiries on COO’s behalf, forwarding issues as needed;
- Provides general organizational administrative support as needed (processing mail, photocopying, filing, drafting correspondence and reports, preparing presentations, organizing reference materials and other activities);
- Assists with other administrative needs of the Leadership Team.
- Provides organizational, administrative and communications support to Board committees and Board working groups;
- Supports with organizing and preparing agendas, pre-meeting materials, committee reports and meeting arrangements (including room bookings, equipment and refreshments) for Board committee meetings;
- Attends meetings and takes minutes as needed, ensuring action registers and follow-ups are proactively addressed;
- Supports with maintaining corporate documents and files;
- Provides other secretarial and administrative support to Board members as needed.
General Administrative Support
- Supports with coordinating corporate events;
- Supports with scheduling and minute taking at Management Committee meetings;
- Supports with general/administrative supply ordering, as required;
- Coordinates meeting schedules, room bookings and catering;
- Supports the maintenance of organizational policies including the Policy Management solution;
- Supports organizational committees as needed;
- Supports day to day operations of the organization in coordination with the management team.
Note: This is a non-union/non-bargaining unit position.
How to Apply
Application Process: Interested individuals are invited to submit an application including a cover letter and resume.
Application Deadline: June 16, 2021, by 5pm EST
Interested and qualified individuals are invited to submit an application including a cover-letter and resume online through the following link:
Job postings | EXECUTIVE ASSISTANT & STRATEGIC PROJECTS | North York, Ontario | Flemingdon Health Centre | jobillico.com
We encourage applications from individuals who can identify with the diverse communities we serve. We thank all applicants for their interest but regret that only those selected for an interview will receive acknowledgement. Please note that a criminal background check (Vulnerable sector) will be conducted for this position.
In accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005, accommodation will be provided in all parts of the hiring process. Applicants need to make their needs known in advance.