Executive Administrative Assistant
Full-Time, Fixed-Term Employee One Year Contract
Reporting to IPHCC’s Chief Executive Officer, the Executive Administrative Assistant will provide senior administrative and coordination support to the Indigenous Primary Health Care Council (IPHCC) Chief Executive Officer, Board, Council, and related Committees.
- Chief Executive Officer Support: calendar management, travel and meeting arrangements, fields calls/ emails, prepares minutes and a range of materials, maintains filing, proof reads, formats documents, process expense reports, provides administrative and coordination support to related Committees.
- Board of Directors Secretariat Support: schedules meetings, sets agendas, disseminates meeting packages, prepares minutes, administers online surveys, tracks action items, coordinates meeting logistics and travel.
- Annual General Meeting: prepares/ disseminates AGM package, coordinates logistics, manages registration/ voting/ proxy forms.
- Membership Management: maintains membership list and statuses, collects/ verifies member applications, prepares applications for Board approval, liaises with members and internal teams as needed.
- Meeting Coordination and Project Support: assists with various IPHCC meetings, projects and events as needed.
- Administrative Support: provides general administrative support that include but is not limited to financial administration, contract administration, or back up reception/ administrative duties.
- Post-secondary education in office administration or a related discipline desirable or completion of high school diploma with several years of work-related experience.
- Minimum three (3) years’ experience providing senior administrative support to an Executive Leader and a diverse and fast paced team.
- Proven experience working within Indigenous communities.
- Must have a working knowledge of Indigenous cultures and communities across Ontario.
- Understanding of the impacts of colonization and residential schools and current community priorities for reconciliation and change.
- Previous experience in a health or health promotion environment preferred.
- Ability to speak an Indigenous language is considered an asset.
IPHCC offers competitive salaries and an excellent benefits package, including pension with HOOPP. Salary is commensurate on qualifications, experience and is set within the IPHCC’s established salary grid and policy guidelines.
How to Apply
April 28, 2021 at 10:00am
Please e-mail your cover letter and resume in confidence to: email@example.com
Please have “Executive Administrative Assistant” in the subject line of your email.
IPHCC is an equal opportunity employer. Indigenous applicants that self-identify in their cover letter as First Nations, Inuit or Métis will be prioritized for this role.