You are here
Director, Diabetes Programs
Job Title: Director, Diabetes Programs
Community Diabetes Education Program of Ottawa (CDEPO), SCREEN, Diabetes Central Ottawa (DCO), Regional Chiropody Program
Status: Permanent Position – 5 days/week (1.0FTE)
Pay Scale $94,993 to $114,451 annually
Pension and Benefits: Excellent benefits package including Healthcare of Ontario Pension Plan (HOOPP)
Start Date: ASAP
Do you believe in our mission to lead the way in improving health and well-being for people and communities?
Join our dynamic Senior Management Team as Director, Diabetes Programs at Centretown Community Health Centre (CCHC).
CCHC serves more than 16,000 individuals through a range of interprofessional services each year. We pay particular attention to groups who experience inequities such as the isolated senior population, the LGBTQ+ community, Indigenous Peoples, racialized communities, francophones, those affected by mental illness and addictions, people who are homeless, individuals and families on low income, and newcomers to Canada.
The Director Diabetes Programs will be a strategic thinker who will demonstrate CCHC’s core values in their leadership to support its commitment to health equity in serving our diverse community. They will be accountable for and support their team by providing oversight on the provision of quality diabetes programming; ensuring ongoing development, service delivery and evaluation within the framework of the CCHC philosophy and strategic direction.
The Director provides leadership at the Ottawa and Champlain regional levels on issues related to diabetes services as they collaborate with external groups/agencies and other diabetes and chronic disease programs in the region, in order to ensure effective and coordinated service delivery.
Reporting to the Executive Director, the incumbent is responsible for all aspects of staff leadership and administration, and directly supervises management and supervisory staff. This leader supports the Executive Director through participating in the operational and strategic planning, decision making and implementation process.
Here’s what we are looking for in our ideal candidate:
- Master level degree in Health Administration, Health Care, Social Sciences, related discipline or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum five (5) years management experience managing an inter-professional health care and/or social services team including supervision of staff.
- Understanding of community-based health care and its inter-relationship with other parts of the healthcare/social services system, ranging from prevention to treatment/care.
- Sound knowledge and experience in leading policies and practices that address inequities in access and quality of services.
- System thinker – at the levels of program, organization, and health care system – demonstrated strategic thinking at all levels.
- Strong critical analysis, problem solving, planning, decision-making, leadership, organizational and change management skills.
- Sound knowledge of general management principles, including financial and human resource management-effectively leading and integrating diverse teams.
- Program development, evaluation and quality improvement experience.
- Experience in organizing inter-organizational initiatives and services.
- Respects and values the diversity of communities and individuals.
- Demonstrated understanding of the impact of the social determinants of health on people’s health and well-being.
- Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills.
- Strong promoter and enhancer of teamwork as well as effective partnerships.
- Proficient with Windows-based systems/ Microsoft office suite
- Familiarity with management information systems.
- Ability to communicate in French is a definite asset.
- An understanding of and experience in chronic disease prevention and management cross-sectorally
English, written and spoken
How to Apply
Submit your letter of interest along with your resume on or before July 24, 2020 by 11:59pm to email@example.com.
Please note the following:
- The subject line of your email should read “Director Diabetes Programs”
- The file name for your resume should read:“ (last name)_(first name)_ Resume
- The file name for your cover letter should read: “ (last name)_(first name)_ Cover Letter
We thank all applicants for their interest. Only applicants invited to an interview will be contacted.
Candidates requiring accommodation during the application and/or the interview process should contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org so arrangements can be made. CCHC is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity in its workforce and as such we encourage applications from individuals who reflect the broad diversity of communities we work with.