You are here
Diabetes Dietitian Educator
Diabetes Dietitian Educator - Community Diabetes Education Program of Ottawa (CDEPO)
Casual Position (Variable Hours)
Centretown Community Health Centre (CCHC)
The Dietitian is responsible for the delivery of the Introductory Diabetes education group program in collaboration with a Diabetes Nurse Educator as well as independent delivery of nutrition – related workshops offered by the Community Diabetes Education Program of Ottawa. Using a self-management and adult education approach, in this position the dietitian provides primarily group education to adults living with prediabetes or type 2 diabetes.
- Bachelor degree in Nutrition Science.
- Completion of recognized Dietetic Internship.
- Possession of, or eligibility for, registration with College of Dietitians of Ontario.
- Minimum one year of experience providing diabetes education.
- Experience in group facilitation and knowledge of adult education methods.
- Strong verbal communication skills.
- Proficient with Windows-based computer systems, in particular, basic email and MS Word.
- Ability to work well independently and as part of a multi disciplinary team.
- Experience and sensitivity to the needs of diverse populations.
- Excellent understanding of the experiences of newcomers to Canada
- Experience working in a community setting including outreach activities.
- Availability to work evenings and potentially weekends.
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Valid drivers licence and access to a vehicle.
- Certification as a Diabetes Educator.
- Experience with insulin education.
- Membership in Diabetes Educator Section of Diabetes Canada.
- Ability to communicate in French an asset
English required (written and spoken)
Start date: As soon as possible
Hourly Rate: $33.446/hour to $40.296/hour
Pension: Healthcare of Ontario Pension Plan (HOOPP)
How to Apply
To apply, submit your letter of interest and résumé to email@example.com by March 27, 2019. We thank all applicants for their interest. Only applicants invited to an interview will be contacted.
Candidates that require any accommodations during the application process please notify Human Resources as per the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act.