You are here
WellFort is seeking a 0.8 FTE Dental receptionist!
WellFort is a non-profit, values based organization that provides health promotion and prevention programs, primary and oral health care and works with local residents and other agencies to increase community capacity. Members of the WellFort family include Bloom Clinic, Bramalea CHC, Diabetes Education Program, Four Corners, and Health n’ Smiles. WellFort is committed to providing inclusive, accessible and sustainable programs and services to a diversely rich community through its service delivery philosophy; Open Focused Care. We are seeking individuals with a passion and commitment towards innovation and an inclusive workplace that respects and values the diversity of every individual.
- Answers phones, books appointments, takes and relays messages and books referrals.
- Schedules appointments in accordance with the dental clinics policy and procedures.
- Does confirmation calls and ensures provider schedules are full.
- Ensures that all appropriate forms are completed prior to client receiving service.
- Assist clients with forms completions and ensures forms are accurate and signed.
- Maintains and updates all dental records in accordance with ODA and WellFort standards.
- Ensures and protects client confidentiality at all times.
- Determines and confirms insurance coverage, explains costs and insurability to patients and processes all billings, including accounts receivable.
- Performs administrative duties and provides administrative support to providers.
- Occasional chair-side backup support
- Relevant knowledge and experience attained through graduation from a recognized College/University in Dental Office Administration or a related field.
- Minimum of three (3) years experience required
- Demonstrated experience and knowledge of Abeldent and Microsoft Office.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective relationships with diverse individuals and groups.
- Ability to function and work cooperatively a member of an interdisciplinary team.
- Experience working in a value based non-profit or social services organization.
- Excellent communication (oral and written) and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to multi task and appropriately prioritize in a dynamic environment.
- CDA certificate an asset to allow backup support
- Ability to speak languages relevant to residents of the Region of Peel is an asset.
The successful candidate must have a willingness to participate in WellFort’s commitment to becoming an inclusive, barrier free health centre and to participate in an interdisciplinary team.
WellFort is a respectful, caring, and inclusive workplace. We are committed to embracing accessibility, diversity and equal opportunity. Requests for accommodation can be made at any stage of the recruitment process providing the applicant has met the Bona-fide requirements for the open position. Applicants need to make their requirements known when contacted.
This position requires flexibility in hours of work to support accessible program service delivery and hours of operation. As such the position entails evening and weekend work.
For more information on WellFort visit www.WellFort.ca
Salary range: $35,168 - $42,371 (prorated to FTE)
Comprehensive benefits package including HOOPP pension.
How to Apply
Interested applicants may send resume and cover letter by November 16, 2019 to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please put “DRec1119” in the subject line.
Only successful candidates will be contacted and we respectfully request no phone calls.