You are here
Data Management Coordinator
Data Management Coordinator
Permanent Full Time Position: 35 hours per week
Salary Range: $58,125.00 to $69,455.00 per year
LAMP Community Health Centre is a multi-service, community based charitable organization that provides a wide range of programs and services to improve a person's health. LAMP uses a co-ordinated approach to connect people to medical services and other programs that build personal resources. By providing services that improve physical, emotional, social and economic well-being, people can better control their health and environment.
- Under the supervision of the Director, Clinical Programs, the Data Management Coordinator has overall responsibility for the quality of data entered into the Community Health Centre evaluation framework software, and the production of reports for stakeholders.
- Identify and address business and user needs related to operational and performance data. Develop and present program and service specific data and reports to facilitate efficient provision of programs and services.
- Ensure data requirements for OHRS and other mandatory reports required by funders are provided accurately and on time.
- Assist directors, managers, supervisors and providers to understand and integrate data into their decision making and strategic planning.
- Act as subject matter expert for the organizations’ database applications.
- The incumbent will ensure that all organizational policies are followed.
- Support complete and accurate data entry by developing and implementing systems and protocols and training staff to use established procedures.
- Create, enable and monitor processes for data extraction, including processes to track, prevent, and correct errors.
- Design queries and run standard and ad-hoc reports utilizing various tools, such as Hummingbird BI, Access, Data Miner (Advanced Business Reporting), SQL, and/or Cognos to support decision making and strategic planning.
- Provide analysis and interpretation of information to various internal and external stakeholders, including clinical, program leaders, and administrative staff.
- Work with senior management team, supervisors and providers to identify their information needs and continually revise output to address those needs.
- Conduct staff training needs assessments, and coordinate implementation of training provided by the Resident Expert and/or Vendor.
- Assist the Director of Clinical Programs to assess data quality issues and interpret and analyse data provided to the management team quarterly.
- Contribute data-driven information to management team which supports program development, implementation and effectiveness through integrated planning, measurement, and evaluation.
- Support committee data needs and analysis including the Continuous Improvement Committee, Accreditation.
- Lead the development, execution and presentation of data and quality improvement focused initiatives and reports such as the annual Quality Improvement Plan, Client Experience Survey.
- Participate in agency’s strategic planning and operational planning processes by providing date including health system indicators and benchmarking information.
- Investigate, analyze and resolve complex issues to determine cause of issues and provide analysis findings recommendations including process details.
- Develop methods to increase the understanding and capabilities of end-users and assist in the on-going development of support procedures.
- Coordinate and advocate on behalf of LAMP on data collection, quality, reporting and sharing issues with Association of Ontario Health Centres and at other forums/tables as appropriate.
- Participate in the regional user group to develop and share data management best practices.
- Build relationships and provide support to other LAMP programs, services and departments (who do not use the Electronic Medical Record system).
- Liaise with software vendors, the Resident Expert, and IT support resources as needed to maximize the efficient functioning and use of the data system. Report problems to the appropriate Help Desk and ensure resolution.
- A University Degree in a relevant discipline; including Computer Science, Data and Information Analysis.
- Minimum three years of experience directing data collection, assessing and improving data quality and providing reports, analysis and interpretation to various stakeholders. Experience in the healthcare sector preferred.
- Ability to lead the integration of data into organization planning and decision-making at a variety of levels.
- Positive attitude and dependable with strong initiative and the ability to work both independently and in a team oriented atmosphere.
- Excellent interpersonal skills necessary to work effectively across all levels of the organization’s diverse workforce.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, with the ability to clearly convey information and ideas.
- Detail oriented with superior analytical, problem-solving, project planning and organization skills and the ability to produce timely and accurate reports.
- Strong priority and time management skills.
- Able to work under pressure, account for results, and meet challenging deadlines with the ability to maintain a positive attitude.
- Open minded, innovative, eager and willing to constantly learn and improve oneself.
Proficiency in the Following Computer Skills
- Superior working knowledge and ability to navigate a PC windows environment, including shared drives.
- Experience using Microsoft applications - with expert skills in Word, Excel & Access, and advanced skills in Outlook).
- Superior skills and ability to easily navigate the internet/intranet environment.
- Extensive experience using database programs, including fluency in the knowledge of SQL and Electronic Medical Systems.
- Ability to learn new software quickly and willingness to continuously develop technology skills.
- Deadline-driven work related to funder reports and grants, etc.
- Must be able to work in a fast paced, multi-faceted environment and make quick decisions.
- Ability to effectively understand the appreciation of guiding fundamentals at LAMP, i.e. Health Promotion, Anti-Oppression; Harm Reduction and the principles of community-based practice. “Walk the talk.”
- There is an expectation for all employees to participate in two events per year for the agency; these events may be during the evening or on a weekend.
- Frequent data entry, with extended periods of time sitting stationary in front of a monitor while keyboarding.
- Ability to balance all job requirements in a busy atmosphere, including responding promptly to all communication.
- Occasional standing for extended periods of time and some occasional lifting may be required.
- Demonstrates good and safe work habits, and maintains a clean working environment.
- Ensures that staff and clients are compliant with LAMP’s Health & Safety regulations and LAMP’s policies and procedures, including the immediate reporting of any breaches of Health & Safety or Environmental incidents, accidents or concerns to their respective manager/supervisor and/or the Director, Human Resources and Operations.
As part of our mandate for inclusivity, reasonable accommodations can be made for all incumbents to perform the described physical functions of the aforementioned job.
LAMP Community Health Centre is dedicated to achieving a workforce that reflects the diversity of the community it serves and encourages applications from equity seeking groups.
How to Apply
Please send your resume with a cover letter to Human Resources:
Email Address │ firstname.lastname@example.org
Subject │ Job Opening for Data Management Coordinator, Clinical Programs
External Deadline │ 5:00 pm on Monday September 16, 2019
We thank all applicants for their interest. However, only those selected for interviews will be contacted. No phone calls please.