You are here
Data Management Coordinator
Flemingdon Health Centre (FHC) is a registered charity and an incorporated not-for-profit Community Health Centre (CHC), located in Toronto. We provide a range of health related services based on the social determinants of health and community engagement models. We are primarily funded through the Ministry of Health and Long-Term Care/Toronto Central Local Health Integration Network (TC-LHIN). We have sites in Flemingdon, Fairview and Thorncliffe Park.
Our approach to community health encompasses the broad determinants of health such as education, employment, isolation, food security and social supports, and utilizes a community development model to promote health, prevent disease, and build community capacity.
To work as part of a team to provide and coordinate data management functions to support the center’s strategic planning, program planning and internal/external reporting needs. The individual shall work closely with members of our IT team. The dynamic individual shall have a strong belief in and be able to carry out responsibilities in accordance with the vision, mission and values of the organization.
Employment Terms: One Year Contract – January 2019 until January 2020
Reporting to: Executive Director or the designate
Rate: $52,155-62,500 annually, plus 4% in lieu of benefits
Expected start date: January 2019
Location: Flemingdon site- 10 Gateway Blvd
- Promote evidence-based planning and decision making for management to make better informed decisions
- Provide organization with strategic business intelligence based both on internal and external data
- Develop, generate, analyze and interpret data reports. Run queries and reports, as requested, to assist in program development, evaluation and funder reporting
- Provide support of other data management and information systems functions and duties
- Support users in the use of current Electronic Medical Records system (Nightingale on Demand)
- Support funder-compliant data entry systems and protocols
- Assess training needs, train and support staff to use established procedures that are consistent with community health center sector standards
- Act as the primary contact to the Alliance for Healthier Communities and other help desks in resolving and escalating data support issues, where appropriate
- Act as Local Registration Authority for ONE ID Business Support - eHealth Ontario with all functions and duties
- Act as Privacy Support Officer with all functions and duties
- Project Planning & Lead Support for FHC
- Lead the migration to a new EMR PS Suite.
- Point of Contact for EMR Support/Helpdesk
- Provide technical and troubleshooting support to users
- Provide backup to IT staff, where possible
- Support back office integration strategies
- Other duties and responsibilities, as assigned
Educational and personal requirements:
- Undergraduate degree or certificate/diploma in Computer Science or Engineering or relevant education and experience
- Certificate or courses in relational databases
- Experience providing IT/IS training and coaching to end users
- One year or more related experience, preferably in a health setting
- Experience in data quality management
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- General knowledge of IT systems and infrastructure, computer networking technology, internet connectivity and security protocols
- Helpdesk skills to provide backup to IT staff
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize work appropriately and to meet deadlines
Note: This is a bargaining unit position with UFCW. Terms may be altered as a result of collective bargaining.
How to Apply
Application deadline: December 7, 2018
Please forward your resume and cover letter to:
We thank all applicants for their interest but regret that only those selected for an interview will receive acknowledgement. Please note that a criminal background check (vulnerable sector) will be conducted for this position.
In accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005, accommodation will be provided in all parts of the hiring process. Applicants need to make their needs known in advance.