You are here
Cognos Administrator/ Developer
Our Vision: The best possible health and wellbeing for everyone living in Ontario.
Our Mission: We champion transformative change to improve the health and wellbeing of people and communities facing barriers to health.
The Cognos Administrator/ Developer plays a key role within our Business Intelligence Program. Known internally as BIRT (Business Intelligence Reporting Tool) at the Alliance for Healthier Communities (Alliance), represents a strategic resource for our members. More specifically, this role will support a web based deployment of Cognos, related to the Business Intelligence and support for over 100 member organizations and related stakeholders. This is aligned with our Information Management Strategy to facilitate the move towards sector-wide management of cost-effective health information management solutions.
- Serves as the IBM-Cognos 10 and 11 Enterprise License model System, User Administrator and Report Studio Developer;
- Supports a web based deployment to over 400 users across the Province of Ontario;
- Manages and Implements Cognos upgrades;
- Maintains the most current versions and fixpacks;
- Designs and executes QA and UAT activities.
Training and Experience
- An undergraduate degree in information technology, information management or relevant field;
- Minimum six (6) years of demonstrated relevant skills and experience;
- Must possess a strong understanding of User Administration and connecting to Microsoft Active Directory to enable broad use;
- Experience with Cognos Framework modeler and cube development, dashboarding, and report development based on business requirements;
- Experience with data warehousing / business intelligence (DW/BI) architectures based on dimensional “star schema” principles and the Kimball DW/BI lifecycle;
- Experience with operational and technical aspects of BI tools and of ETL tools;
- Experience with identification and reporting on data quality issues;
- Skills and working knowledge of MotioPI Pro, Informatica and SSIS processing for Extract, Transfer, Load (ETL) processes is an asset.
Demonstrated experience and knowledge of the following system environment
- Working knowledge of Oracle 12c EE RDBMS an asset;
- Working knowledge of SSIS processing for Extract, Transfer, Load (ETL) processes is an asset;
- ETL – SQL Server (SQL Server Integration Services);
- SSIS & PLSQL;
- SQL Server 2012 EE;
- 2012 & 2016 R2 Data Center;
- CiscoSystems Firewall;
- MotioPI Pro;
- Scheduler: Windows Scheduler.
- This individual is a STRONG independent worker with excellent analytical and problem solving skills;
- Successfully leads implementation of effective dashboards and decision-support tools that meet customer needs;
- Utilizes feedback mechanisms to ensure customer needs and expectations are met;
- Strong documentation and SDLC process experience;
- Works collaboratively in a complex interdependent team environment as well as business users and product owners;
- Ability to work effectively on team projects; self-motivation and experience in making independent judgments within the context of established assignments, policies and procedures;
- Demonstrated organizational skills with the ability to balance varying priorities and assignments, often with strict deadlines;
- Superior oral and written communication;
- General understanding of the primary health care sector an asset;
- Bilingualism in English and French is an asset;
- Proficient in the use of Windows, and Microsoft Office software applications: Microsoft Word, Excel, Project, Visio, PowerPoint, Outlook;
- Conducts work in keeping with the Alliance’s commitment to Anti-Oppression, Cultural Competency, Indigenous Cultural Safety and as per the Ontario Government Employment and Safety legislation.
COMPENSATION: The Alliance offers competitive salaries and an excellent benefits package, including pension with HOOPP. Salary is commensurate on qualifications, experience and is set within the Alliance’s established salary grid and policy guidelines.
How to Apply
APPLICATION DEADLINE: April 5, 2019 at 10:00AM (EST) or until filled
Please e-mail your cover letter and resume in confidence to: resumes@allianceON.org
Please have “Cognos Administrator Developer ID 645-032019-064” in the subject line of your email.
We thank all applicants in advance however, only those under consideration will be contacted. The Alliance for Healthier Communities is an equal opportunity employer.
The Alliance for Healthier Communities is an equity employer and encourages applications from aboriginal peoples and individuals from racialized groups (e.g. diverse ethno-racial and francophone communities and people of all sexual orientations and genders) and persons with disabilities. Fluency in both French and English is an asset.
Upon request, reasonable accommodation is available for applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process.