You are here
Clinical Registered Nurse
CLINICAL REGISTERED NURSE
CONTRACT POSITION (0.6 FTE)
TO MARCH 31, 2019
SALARY: $60,966 - $71,725
The South Riverdale Community Health Centre is a non-profit, multi-service Centre that provides primary health care, social and community outreach services with an emphasis on health promotion to residents of East Toronto.
The Registered Nurse position works closely with the full-time Clinic Nurse and functions both independently and as a member of the primary care team. This position is responsible for coordinating work in the clinic with appropriate delegation and providing health care to the clients of the Centre, emphasizing health promotion, health education and disease prevention.
- Triages patient drop-ins and telephone calls as part of the primary care team
- Reviews and triages all incoming electronic documentation (labs, consults, etc.)
- Performs venipuncture, ECGs, and other tests as required
- Assumes primary care nursing role in the areas of acute and chronic disease prevention and management, in consultation with physicians and nurse practitioners as necessary
- Completes internal and external patient referrals to specialists, hospitals, health providers or community resources as appropriate
- Coordinates infection control and sterilization of equipment for the organization
- Ensures the maintenance of a fully equipped medical clinic, including ordering and maintenance of laboratory/medical equipment and supplies
- Manages emergency, vaccination and medication supplies, ensuring safety and security of supply
- Coordinates flu clinics and other immunization programs
- Conducts clinical assessments of patients new to the Centre
- Works with medical reception team to coordinate registration and orientation to clinical services for new clients
- Participates in case conferences/case consultations, clinical meetings and chart reviews
- Assists with the coordination and implementation of clinical quality improvement activities across the clinic
- Evaluates and monitors health and safety policies, programming and services and makes recommendations as required
- Incorporates health care advances into practice and adjusts practice to the changing demographics and evolving needs of the community
- Assists and works with community groups in the development of community outreach initiatives as directed
- Participates in the development of policies/strategies which are in the interest of public health and which support the recognition of the determinants of health
- Utilizes a health promotion approach that addresses determinants of health through education and counselling with individuals, families and/or group
- Ensures standards of client care are maintained according to accepted College of Nurses standards, the Regulated Health Professions Act, and the policies of SRCHC
- BSc in Nursing from a recognized university and current registration with the College of Nurses of Ontario (CNO)
- 3-5 years in a community setting or a combination of community experience and relevant hospital or public health nursing, including both client care and administrative experience
- Recent experience in a clinical triaging role
- Thorough current nursing knowledge and proficiency in conducting a comprehensive health history, physical assessment and construction of a nursing management plan
- Knowledge and experience of primary care issues and challenges for high risk communities
- Knowledge of current social/health issues and legislation affecting the practice of nursing
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a multi-disciplinary environment
- Strong proficiency in the use of computer technology and various software applications
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Solid coordination and organizational skills
A police clearance letter completed within the past twelve (12) months will be required prior to commencing employment.
How to Apply
The deadline for applicants is July 11, 2018 at 5:00 p.m.
Please send your cover letter and resume in confidence to:
The Hiring Committee – Clinical Registered Nurse
South Riverdale Community Health Centre
955 Queen Street East
Toronto, ON M4M 3P3
No emails, faxes, phone calls, or requests to meet please.
SRCHC welcomes applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
SRCHC is an equal opportunity employer. We would like to thank all those that apply but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
SRCHC encourages a scent-free environment. Employees, students, volunteers, and visitors are asked to refrain from wearing fragrances and other scented personal care products (i.e. perfumes, deodorants, lotions, hairspray, etc.) while at the Centre.