You are here
WellFort is recruiting a Full time Clinical Counsellor!
WellFort is a non-profit, values based organization that provides health promotion and prevention programs, primary and oral health care and works with local residents and other agencies to increase community capacity. Members of the WellFort family include Bloom Clinic, Bramalea CHC, Diabetes Education Program, Four Corners, and Health n’ Smiles. WellFort is committed to providing inclusive, accessible and sustainable programs and services to a diversely rich community through its service delivery philosophy; Open Focused Care. We are seeking individuals with a passion and commitment towards innovation and an inclusive workplace that respects and values the diversity of every individual.
- Provide brief therapeutic counselling to clients experiencing problems of an individual, couple, family, systemic or social nature.
- Support clients to develop goals, and provide appropriate client-centered interventions
- Use various techniques and modalities (CBT, solution-focused, expressive arts)
- Chart client notes and correspondence within the safeguards of confidentiality
- Ensure comprehensive treatment by providing information and ongoing consultation with team members
- Develop, implement and evaluate psycho-educational and support groups and workshops
- Advocate for and with clients to reduce barriers to accessing community services and programs
- Master’s degree in Social Work or a related field
- Member of the Ontario College of Social Workers and Social Service Workers
- Three to five years’ experience in a community health setting
- Familiar with evidence based treatments and a range of counselling modalities
- Demonstrated counselling skills including assessment, interviewing, goal setting and short-term work
- Education and experience in group development, implementation, facilitation and evaluation
- Experience in providing therapeutic counselling and support to diverse populations
- An understanding and critical analysis of the determinants of health and social factors, such as power and privilege that affect individual, organizational and community health and a commitment to an Anti-Oppressive practice
- Ability to work independently and collaborate effectively in an interdisciplinary team environment.
- Languages relevant to Region of Peel residents an asset
The successful candidate will demonstrate a willingness to participate in WellFort’s commitment to becoming an inclusive, barrier free health centre and an ability to work in an interdisciplinary team.
WellFort is a respectful, caring, and inclusive workplace. We are committed to embracing accessibility, diversity and equal opportunity. Requests for accommodation can be made at any stage of the requirement process providing the applicant has met the Bona-fide requirements for the open position. Applicants need to make their requirements known when contacted.
This position requires flexibility in hours of work to support accessible program service delivery and our hours of operation. As such the position entails evening and weekend work.
Salary range: $58,018 - $69,335
How to Apply
- Forward your resume and cover letter by August 26, 2018 to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Quote “SW0818” in the subject line
- No phone calls please. Successful candidates will be contacted