Clinic Reception - Relief
JOB TITLE: Clinic Reception - Relief
SALARY (hourly rate or starting salary):$20.11/hr
FTE STATUS: Casual, on-call
DURATION OF POSITION: Ongoing
Planned Parenthood Toronto is a fully accredited community health centre that provides primary health care services to youth 13 to 29 years as well as health promotion programming, education, training and research to improve the health and well being of Toronto’s diverse communities. We are currently seeking Clinic Reception - Relief to work on an as needed basis. The hours available are not guaranteed and the successful candidate(s) will be placed in a relief staff pool to assist when permanent staff are on leave.
The Clinic Reception - Relief is responsible for providing initial and ongoing front desk services approach with clients related to general issues of primary health care including sexual & reproductive health. This position is responsible for administrative duties at clinic reception and is expected to communicate respectfully and diplomatically with clients and staff to create a safe and harmonious environment.This may include but is not limited to clerical work, administrative support and reception functions, customer service, and is responsible for selling birth control and other medications. The successful candidate(s) will need to be available evenings (4-8:30pm) and/or Saturdays 9:30-2:30, but potential shifts can range from any time between 9am to 8:30pm on weekdays and 9:30 – 4:30 on Saturdays.
- Front desk duties include: answering a busy phone system, greeting clients arriving forappointments, providing information to clients, emailing appointment reminders toclients, registering clients virtually and in-person, booking appointments andmaintenance of client records in the electronic medical record
- Maintaining a well-stocked supply of PPT promotional materials, brochures, clientinformation materials and clinic forms
- Perform follow-up on all client chart information requests
- Scan and e-file documents into client e-charts during every shift ensuring thatinformation is complete and accurate in registration.
- Provide clients with contraceptive supplies and medications according to agency policyand in compliance with regulatory dispensing requirements; provide compassionatestock according to PPT guidelines
- Registering clients over the phone, in according with the agency’s pandemic response
- Perform opening/closing procedures including inventory and sales reconciliation asscheduled
- Able to work independently, be self-directed and prioritize tasks accordingly
- Maintain a respectful, harmonious environment for clients and coworkers
- This entry level position requires a minimum of a 2 year community college diploma in a related field OR 1-2 years experience in an administrative or similar role
- An individual who is highly organized, detail oriented and has the ability to meet deadlines will be well suited to this role
- Knowledge of sexual health and community resources an asset
- Experience with administrative roles and/or customer service an asset
- Demonstrated proficiency and knowledge using MS word, Word Perfect, database software, email and internet, electronic medical record systems and Nightingale on Demand an asset
- Commitment to pro-choice philosophy
- Demonstrated commitment to equity goals and principles, to sexual and reproductive rights, to being youth positive, 2SLGBTQ positive and sex positive and to being inclusive of diverse sexual and gender identities.
- Commitment to working cooperatively in a community-based setting as part of an inter-disciplinary team
- Commitment to working from a community development perspective
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proficiency and experience working in a computerized environment
How to Apply
We will consider applications as they come in and the post will be taken down once we have found a successful candidate. Please forward your letter of interest and resume to:
Hiring Committee (Clinic Reception - Relief)
Planned Parenthood Toronto
36B Prince Arthur Avenue
Toronto, ON M5R 1A9
Fax: (416) 961-2512
PPT is pro-vaccination and requires all new hires to PPT to provide proof of full vaccination against COVID-19 within 8 weeks of their hire.
To better represent the communities we serve, applications from candidates with a diversity of backgrounds and experiences are encouraged to apply.
We thank all applicants for their interest. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls please.
PPT welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates selected for an interview and for all aspects for the selection process. If an applicant or a successful candidate requests an accommodation, we will discuss their needs with them and make adjustments to support them. We regret to inform that PPT is not a wheelchair accessible space.
Please note that as a condition of employment, the successful applicant must complete a Criminal Record Check.