You are here
Chief Executive Officer
The South Riverdale Community Health Centre (“SRCHC”) is an innovative, complex non-profit, primary care organization that provides services across the continuum of prevention to interprofessional health care through a determinants of health lens to the communities of East Toronto and beyond. SRCHC’s vision is to create “empowered, health and thriving communities where everyone belongs”. SRCHC achieves its vision through a range of partnerships and alliances. An existing strategic plan (2016-2020) continues to guide the directions of the organization.
SRCHC’s CEO will be retiring in September after two decades of leading the organization through significant growth and change. The Board is conducting a search for a new Chief Executive Officer (CEO).
Position: Chief Executive Officer
Reporting to the Board of Directors, the CEO is responsible for the overall strategic and operational leadership of the Centre. As an advocate for marginalized and underprivileged populations, the CEO ensures that community relationships, partnerships, staff, volunteers and funding all work together, enhancing the physical, mental, spiritual and social well-being of clients. An active listener, the CEO leads a collaborative and consultative Leadership Team, which values the contributions of all staff.
- Proven senior management experience as a seasoned leader of a non-profit organization in the community health or social services field
- Demonstrated commitment to and knowledge of community participation and community-based health care
- Knowledge of issues relating to and impacting indigenous health and a commitment to advancing indigenous health equity and cultural competency within the organization through reconciliation
- Ability to work collaboratively and consultatively in a multi-disciplinary team environment
- Ability to establish and maintain a productive working relationship with other community agencies, boards of directors and government agencies
- Demonstrated ability to supervise, evaluate and develop staff in a team environment
- Demonstrated skills in interpersonal communication, negotiation, conflict resolution, decision-making and problem solving
- Familiarity with and sensitivity to cultural difference in the workplace and within the community
- A strategic leader with excellent leadership and management skills
- Comprehensive knowledge and understanding of the communities served by SRCHC
- Strong political acumen
- A measured risk taker
Education and Professional Requirements:
- Post graduate degree in public/human services or business administration, or a combination of an undergraduate degree with significant senior management and leadership experience
- Established relationships with local political representatives, advocates, and other community partners
- Work with marginalized populations
- Ability to speak a second language of relevance to the community
This search is being conducted on behalf of South Riverdale Community Health Centre by crawfordconnect, a search firm specializing in recruiting leaders for Canada’s non-profit sector. If someone you know may be interested in this position, please feel free to forward this document – we would be pleased to connect with them.
How to Apply
By September 23, 2019 please apply by sending your cover letter and resume, as two separate documents to both email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org. Questions: contact Liz Latimer at email@example.com or 416.690.5377 / 1.866.647.5149.
Qualified applicants are invited to submit their resume and letter of interest in confidence. We thank all applicants for applying, however, only qualified candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.