You are here
Case Manager – 5Ps Program
Case Manager – 5Ps Program
5-year contract (2020 - 2025), 1.0 FTE (35 hours/week), Bargaining Unit – UFCW Local 175
Parkdale Queen West Community Health Centre (Parkdale Queen West CHC) is a dynamic, community-based health care organization serving mid-west downtown Toronto. Offering a broad range of services, including primary health care, dental care, harm reduction, health promotion, counselling, and community development programming, we are also committed to serving people who face barriers to health care, and we strive to reduce these barriers. PQWCHC is a multi-sited organization.
General Responsibilities: This position is responsible for providing case management, advocacy and brief counselling for clients of 5Ps (Parkdale Parents’ Primary Prevention Program). 5Ps is a multi-service perinatal and parenting program providing inclusive support to families with children 0 – 6 years of age experiencing and living with low income, who are under housed/homeless, newcomers to Canada, teens/youth who are parents, families impacted by or experiencing substance use and or mental health challenges.
Working as a member of an interdisciplinary team, the Case Manager assists clients in accessing services; crisis management; referral; and systems advocacy towards achieving greater stability and attachment for improved health and well-being. The position may also entail community development work with clients, staff and other organizations to develop or strengthen appropriate resources and policies for this population. The majority of work will be based at the Satellite site and the position may be expected to work across sites.
Reporting Manager: Director of Health Promotion and Community Engagement
Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Provide client-centered case management, and coordination of services in the Health Centre and in the community. Work to overcome barriers to services and to promote equitable treatment for people who are marginalized.
- Work closely with 5Ps Program Coordinator, Family Support and Outreach Worker and Program Assistant during initial intake sessions to identify clients and families with conditions of risk and provides crisis supports and case management to ensure appropriate navigation of PQWCHC services, as well as developing CCPs (Coordinated Care Plans) where necessary.
- Provide assessment and brief solution-focused counselling
- Provide information and individual advocacy for clients regarding issues such as housing, income support, substance use and harm reduction programs, food and clothing, health, employment and legal services, childcare services, special needs parenting/general parenting support to support healthy positive parent – child relationships.
- Accompany clients to appointments related to key systems navigation (i.e. court and legal appointments; medical appointments, housing support appointments, childcare subsidy appointments etc.)
- Arrange and follow up with case consultation and case planning with other members of the team at PQWCHC; and with other agencies and institutions with which the client is involved, to facilitate comprehensive case planning (CCPs)
- With client consent, liaise with community agencies and institutions regarding issues relevant to client need.
- Work with other service providers to identify gaps in services or required services, and promote the introduction of revised or new services
- Graduate degree in relevant discipline from a recognized university.
- Three to five years of case management/service navigation, crisis intervention experience; preferably in a community health setting with the focus population.
- Proficiency in current assessment, psychosocial, single session and brief solution counseling techniques that are trauma-informed and resiliency-based for working with individuals, couples, families and communities.
- Experience working with parents facing multiple stressors, and demonstrated knowledge of early childhood educational principles, impact of stress and adverse childhood experience on development and parent child relationships, childhood development principles, infant mental health promotion.
- Demonstrated ability to work with multi-disciplinary teams.
- Proficiency in the use of computers and various software applications.
- Proficiency in another language is considered an asset, particularly a language spoken in Parkdale’s 5Ps catchment such as Arabic, Tibetan, Tamil, Spanish, Hindi, and French
Compensation: $62,736 - $73,323 per annum
How to Apply
If you are interested in joining in a creative and dedicated team to make things better, we want to hear from you! Please send your resume and cover letter in a single document (MS Word or PDF format only) to email@example.com, quoting “Case Manager- 5 P’s” in the subject line. Internal candidates, please submit your application by 5:00 pm of November 25, 2019. External candidates the deadline for application is by 5pm of November 25, 2019. We truly appreciate your interest; however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. Please also note that the successful candidate will be required to provide a criminal reference check as a condition of employment.