You are here
COVID-Community Health Ambassador
WellFort is hiring 3 Full time temporary COVID-Community Health Ambassador to join our Team! (Brampton and Malton Clinics)
Starts immediately till March 31, 2021 (with possibility to extend).
(37.5 hours per week – Monday to Friday with weekends and evenings)
3 positions available
WellFort Community Health Services is a non-profit, values based organization based in Peel. We provide a wide variety of comprehensive care including primary care, dental, mental health and chronic disease management with a focus on illness prevention, health promotion and community development.
We work with local residents and other agencies to increase community capacity. WellFort is committed to providing inclusive, accessible and sustainable programs and services to a diversely rich community.
Members of the WellFort Family include:
- Bloom Clinic
- Bramalea Community Health Centre
- Diabetes Education Program
- Four Corners Health Centre
- Health n’ Smiles
WellFort is a respectful, caring, and inclusive organization. We are committed to embracing accessibility, diversity and equal opportunity. Requests for accommodation due to disability can be made at any stage in the recruitment process.
- Working closely with the primary care team and the community services team at WellFort, the Community Health Ambassador will play a key role of reaching out to community members and provide relevant and accurate information about COVID-19, its seriousness, its impact on individual, families and communities. The Community Health Ambassador will also direct community members to the right service and programs for support including food security support, access to financial assistance, access to Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) and mental health support.
- Conduct grass root community outreach activities
- Liaise with the COVID-19 committee to assist engaged members of the community to access practical and emotional support services provided by WellFort or by other community partners
- Participate in the collection of trends, outreach activity statistics and project evaluation activities
- Participate and support in educational sessions, town halls and other health promotion activities related to COVID-19
- Provide information and referrals to internal and external resources as required.
- Participate in events that educate the community on issues related to COVID.
- Undergraduate degree or college diploma in a relevant field or a combination of lived/living and work experience relevant to the role.
- Experience with community based outreach in an employment or volunteer capacity.
- Demonstrated knowledge, skills and abilities in social service work or community work
- Demonstrated experience and knowledge of asset based community development approach to outreach activities
- Experience of working with the Black and South Asian communities of different age, gender and socio-economic status
- Demonstrated knowledge of community resources, health promotion and the impact of social determinants of health and public health policies on the racialized and marginalized communities
- Demonstrated experience in effective time management and organization skills
- Experience in group work and program development, implementation, monitoring and evaluation
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal) and group facilitation skills
- Valid Ontario Driver’s license and access to a vehicle.
- Ability to work independently and collaborate effectively in an interdisciplinary team environment.
- Languages relevant to residents of Peel is an asset
The successful candidate will demonstrate a willingness to participate in WellFort’s commitment to becoming an inclusive, barrier-free health centre and an ability to work in an interdisciplinary team.
This position requires flexibility in hours of work to support accessible program service delivery and our hours of operation. As such the position entails some evening and weekend work.
For more information visit www.WellFort.ca.
Salary range: $ 50,495 - $59,612
How to Apply
- Forward your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Deadline of application: open until filled
- Quote “CHA0121” in the subject line
- No phone calls please. Successful candidates will be contacted